Sasquatch hunters descend upon Chatsworth

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
We had a strange experience in Allaire State Park (out in woods, not village) one night in the early 90's. We didn't see a Bigfoot but we heard the same types of sounds... loud, organic but human type yells off in the distance, first from in front of us (way deep into the woods), then sequentially from other sides until one finally came from behind us (all at about the same distances). People went running when the sound came from behind, except for me and this one girl. We just walked fast and were both freaked out. We came to a fork in the trail and stopped to remember the correct way when a light, simple whistle ("wee-hoo") came from behind a large trunk next to trail. It was not anybody we were with and I am positive that it was not possible for anyone to pull off a prank like this out in middle of woods like this. Our trip out there was my idea that nite and was spontaneous. I doubt anyone was waiting out in woods with people placed in perfect positons to do what happened. The recent episode on Bigfoot Hunters has a moment where they hear a simple, quick whistle that mirrors what I heard. I never heard of that supposed Bigfoot behavior before and I always thought our expereince at Allaire was Indian spirits, never related it to Bigfoot. Anyway, I still find it almost ridiculous to think Bigfoot would be in NJ but if its somehow real, it could be passing through I guess. My far-out 2 cents.

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
No that sounds like a monkey! LOL. This was a very simple, 2-note whistle like you would do to get your dog's attention in close proximity. We were so close to it that I would think any animal would stay quiet to avoid being detected. I will prob delete this soon so as to not encourage thrill seekers to walk around Allaire at night!

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
No that sounds like a monkey! LOL. This was a very simple, 2-note whistle like you would do to get your dog's attention in close proximity. We were so close to it that I would think any animal would stay quiet to avoid being detected. I will prob delete this soon so as to not encourage thrill seekers to walk around Allaire at night!

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
OKLAHOMA_SASQUATCH_BIGFOOT_YETI__HUNTING_PERMIT_STICKER_DECAL-300x229.jpg

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I have spent many, many hours in the woods and the strangest sounds I have heard come from Nighthawks, Coyotes and trees rubbing together. To be honest, I was driving my self nuts trying to figure out this weird "voice" I kept hearing at this one spot I visit in Bass River. I thought it was someone playing a joke until I came across this call.

Play the rasp or the grunt and imagine hearing this in the trees very close to to you.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Common_Nighthawk/sounds

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
If you're ever out in the pines at night and you hear singing, barking, laughing, whistling, howling, or somebody having a one way conversation, don't be alarmed, it's just me.

BTW, if there's more than one bigfoot, do we call them bigfoots, bigfeet or bigopotomi?

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
20 secs into the nighthawk grunt is the call that had me stumped for 2-3 years. Im telling you that a nighty making that call over you will scare the hell out of you and sounds like a bigfoot growling.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Exactly that Al. For years i would hear it afar and never new what it was. This past season one dive bombed me and made the noise. Its a bizzare sound, a cross between a growl and a car starting. I would guess most folks would have no clue and assign the noise to bigfoot or some other nonsense.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
[eyes wide open...waiving hands in the air...scotch drooling from bottom lip] Bigfoot is real! I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE!

And I have the picture to prove it! Just look; you can see it as plain as day. Look left of the tree in the photo and you can see one of Bigfoot's eyes reflecting off the flash of my camera as he's doing Tai Chi. Simply amazing!
DSC00075 (Small).JPG

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
And I have the picture to prove it! Just look; you can see it as plain as day. Look left of the tree in the photo and you can see one of Bigfoot's eyes reflecting off the flash of my camera as he's doing Tai Chi. Simply amazing!

I SEE IT!

Reactions: Old Crazy

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
I like to hike at night because I find it to be a peaceful time in the woods. Yet in all those miles I've covered on foot after dark and all the times I've spent the night out there in a tent, I've never seen Sasquatch, The Jersey Devil, a ghost or been abducted by a short little hairless gray alien who took me up into his space ship and performed obscene medical experiments on me. And I finally figured out why I'm not seeing or experiencing any of these things when I'm out there...I'm not drinking enough. :D

Reactions: manumuskin