Savoy Death

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
55 isn't young but it certainly is not old either. He sounds like he had a fully rounded life.

The president of my senior class in high school, quarterback of the football team, top 10 honors student, joined the Air Force and became a fighter pilot. At the age of 20, while ice climbing a mountain, he fell 200 ft. and died.

We weren't really friends, but I've often thought about him. Unrealized potential and a life cut short at such a young age. I have a son, a long happy marriage, and here I am getting close to 70 enjoying myself hiking into the forest to take photos.

I've never been a risk taker, but Ken obviously was fearless. I've had a full life and he never got to live his. He certainly made the most of the 20 years he was here.

Just existential rumination.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Jon, I just want to ask, you were not responding to Guy's comment (a little old maybe), were you? He was just saying the article's a little old. I can't help asking.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Jon, I just want to ask, you were not responding to Guy's comment (a little old maybe), were you? He was just saying the article's a little old. I can't help asking.
I was discussing the death of William Perhacs, age 55. It had nothing to do with Guy's comment, just the obit.

I assumed Guy's comment was about the obit being a few days old.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
When I see people riding Harley's I always think they are old.
You would be right in most cases Guy. Harley is trying hard to attract younger riders. Their aging, loyal riders are all gray in the muzzle now.
Check out their website. They now offer an electric motorcycle and several Japanese-style crotch rockets. They also offer a few modifications of the Sportster-sized bikes with stripped down looks. I think it’s working to some degree. I saw two today with young riders and I have been noticing more. Jason Momoa has been launching several videos for Harley that will pull some of the younger people

Last edited:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I know I am old and I"m 56.I never had any fear that my A$$ could cash the checks my mouth would write but not any more.Sadly I have to rely on my 6ft 3 240 lb grandson to do cash my mouth checks now:-(