Searching For The J Roger Brick Stone

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I had confidence in you, I just wanted to make it official so there was no doubt you were correct.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
A way that names can get changed is via the military.

I was rummaging through some very old photos and documents today. My father's birth certificate reads "Robert Lindy Poulsen". On all his U.S Marine documents it was changed to Robert Linde Poulsen. I'm going to guess that he did that because either the birth certificate was wrong, or he thought Lindy was girlish.

Here are a couple photos of him. I think he is under 18 in the first one (driver), which would make it about 1943 in Metuchen NJ.

Dad1.PNG
Dad2.PNG

Reactions: Teegate

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I would love to have that bike right now Bob.
It's Harley Davidson with what appears to be the flathead motor. Can't quite fully see the heads in the pic. The gas tank puts it in the 1940's. That emblem was used 1940-1946.

Here is a classic re-post of my friend and member of this site, Y-Buc Bill, crossing the Sleeper on essentially the same bike back when men were men !

Sorry for the hijack.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That photo of Bill is a classic. I love it. I have a tickle in my memory that says the photo was taken about here. Did we ever find out?

Sleeper 2.PNG

Sleeper 1.PNG

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Your Grandpop was named Alfie Manumuskin? :)

Sorry Al, cabin fever here. I am Ed the third but somewhere someone changed it to 3D, it's every where now.
You always have to keep some skepticism when looking at documents and even maps. Even when you find what you think corroborates your find it could just be a repeated mistake. I have seen this in NJ Topos.
How did you know my nickname was Alfie? :)