Shamong Mayor Envisions His Township Becoming A Hub Of Cannabis Cultivation If Legalization Is Approved By NJ Voters

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Soon, maybe, the vegetables you normally see growing in the fields of Shamong will be replaced by Cannabis. The deer will have the munchies and look more confused then ever. :D

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What vegetable farms are in Shamong? The unadulterated soil is best for only certain things like cranberry and blueberry. Because they will likely need more nutrients, the runoff will eventually change the river systems to a higher ph.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Sickening. The Mayor has his head up his ass.
In my not so humble opinion, legalizing marijuana in NJ is dead wrong. There is no shortage of brainless sh%theads walking around today. Making pot as easy to buy as candy will never be a positive change in this state.

I have driven past Curaleaf in Bellmawr many times early in the morning on the way to nearby job sites and the people lined up outside and down the side street look like they're waiting on a casting call for the Walking Dead. Criminal doctors writing bogus prescriptions put them there. I guess the only positive that will come out of legalization is maybe it will thin out the list of criminal doctors.

Slag Heap me if you must !

:mad:

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Scott, the last time I smoked a joint was over 40 years ago. I am not really in favor of a new generation of pot zombies walking the streets. I started drinking a beer now and then a couple of years ago when my stepson moved back in back that's another story.

My sister lives in California, where marijuana dispensaries are common. She has a medical disability, and recently was in a lot of pain. She does not drink, never touches pain killing meds, and does not smoke pot. But she has a card that allows her to get the CBD oil and I guess the "edibles". She said one square of the CBD chocolate or edible or something knocked out her pain very effectively.

I think there is a reason to license medical use of marijuana and CBD and the other stuff that comes with it. Will it be abused? I'm sure it will. Just like alcohol, opioids, and other pills are abused.

Considering the toll alcohol has taken on society, maybe pot is a better alternative. Having said that, being a daily pot smoker WILL turn people into zombies.But drinking every day probably is not a great idea either. Is one poison better than the either? Not sure, but I think that the Marijuana Dispensaries have their place.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Sickening. The Mayor has his head up his ass.
In my not so humble opinion, legalizing marijuana in NJ is dead wrong. There is no shortage of brainless sh%theads walking around today. Making pot as easy to buy as candy will never be a positive change in this state.

I have driven past Curaleaf in Bellmawr many times early in the morning on the way to nearby job sites and the people lined up outside and down the side street look like they're waiting on a casting call for the Walking Dead. Criminal doctors writing bogus prescriptions put them there. I guess the only positive that will come out of legalization is maybe it will thin out the list of criminal doctors.

Slag Heap me if you must !

There are not too many things we disagree on, Rednek, but this is one of them! Cannabis is much less hazardous than alcohol, and there is a strong economic argument for legalizing recreational cannabis. The brainless sh*t heads in this State will be here with or without legalization. Ok, time to eat some chocolate chip cookies. The munchies just kicked in.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I saw what alcohol and weed did to my friends when we got out of high school.We were all straight through school,no drugs are juice of any kind.Then right after graduation all my friends started partying,me excluded.Right away they quit anything to do anything fun.Camping,canoeing all that went out the window.If they went in the woods it was for a beer party and they threw rash all over the place.They had become what I had always despised.I had watched parties in the woods from the cover of brush since a kid and had always wanted to trounce the people i seen throwing trash but was way out numbered to try it.I have seen booze and poit turn people into mush heads and am against the legalization of it some what.heres the clinker.I have a friend who is always in a lot of pain,drank himself into a very bad condition and now he;s over 50 it's has come back to haunt him.He has given up booze for the most part but smokes pot for the pain.He claims all the pain meds they give him do not help but smokin weed does.I"d hate to take his only pain relief from him and for some reason he has never turned into a mush head except when he is actually drunk.I am against the buying and selling of it because you never know whats on it.Know some folks who have nad experiences from PCP being on their weed and not knowing it when they bought it. I advocate letting people grow their own for their own use.If caught buying or selling then the law should take over.The law has no business telling anyone what plant they can grow in their own house anyway.When you buy and sell then the law does have something to say about that. Just my two cents. Gotta go water my plants now:)

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Know some folks who have nad experiences from PCP being on their weed and not knowing it when they bought it.
One of the reasons I smoked my last joint in my mid-twenties is a bad ounce my friends bought. It was laced with something nasty, probably PCP. We went up on the Ocean City boardwalk and I thought the people were on a conveyor belt.

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
I have driven past Curaleaf in Bellmawr many times early in the morning on the way to nearby job sites and the people lined up outside and down the side street look like they're waiting on a casting call for the Walking Dead.

And in your professional medical opinion, what exactly would your ideal vision of a chronically ill patient look like? You should try living with someone who has IBD for 18 years and then see the difference in their quality of life when they can get relief without having to pop pills that basically put them to sleep. But you approve of that kind of zombie because those drugs come from a company that can advertise on television and are run by honest, caring billionaires, right?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Okay. Lets not get into an argument over this. If it starts it will end quickly. Seriously, don't argue over this. Just don't!

With that said, I myself am all for medical uses if it improves the quality of life of a patient who really needs it.

Soon, maybe, the vegetables you normally see growing in the fields of Shamong will be replaced by Cannabis. The deer will have the munchies and look more confused then ever. :D

Will they still jump out in front of cars when in the rut?

I, too, got a joint laced with something else once. Not a pleasant experience. One of the few times in the 60's when I smoked weed.
Never got into it since I just got sleepy rather than high.

A few reasons I voted to legalize:
1) More tax revenue for the state
2) Profits going to local growers not to criminal organizations often based elsewhere
3) Regulated product, not contaminated
4) Legal sales less likely to source other crap (meth, PCP, opiates)

People who want to get high, low, wasted will always find what they want. Might as well be legal.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Other issues aside, I wonder how realistic a plan this is for Shamong? Have only read a few articles about other states, but got the impression most of the growing is done under controlled conditions indoors in industrial/warehouse areas where there's a lot of square footage available and plenty of electric supply for HVAC and lighting. And security would be easier in a warehouse than "the fields of Shamong". ;)