Shamong Mayor Envisions His Township Becoming A Hub Of Cannabis Cultivation If Legalization Is Approved By NJ Voters

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Not a big fan of legalization. I’ve seen more adults get into weed and edibles recently and it’s led to other drugs and general laziness. It’s sad but we are truely looking more and more like a declining empire in the way we behave and conduct ourselves. China will eat our lunch in next 25-50 years.

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Not a big fan of legalization. I’ve seen more adults get into weed and edibles recently and it’s led to other drugs and general laziness. It’s sad but we are truely looking more and more like a declining empire in the way we behave and conduct ourselves. China will eat our lunch in next 25-50 years.

I agree. I voted against it because three of my childhood friends are dead from what I believe was their use of it. My mom misread the text and voted for it. She thought it was medical use. I have been telling her that she is to blame for the legalization. :D

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
I agree. I voted against it because three of my childhood friends are dead from what I believe was their use of it. My mom misread the text and voted for it. She thought it was medical use. I have been telling her that she is to blame for the legalization. :D

Guy, you believe that cannabis kills? I mean, I know it kills brain cells, but...

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Well, the next forest fire that goes through Shamong will have an interesting effect. :smug:

Speaking of that, I'm watching Narcos Mexico on Netflix. Great acting and set ups, but their pot field was so lame. It was all plastic plants that looked nothing like a plant, let alone cannabis. Kind of spoiled it for me, but still like the rest of the story.

Reactions: NJChileHead

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Speaking of that, I'm watching Narcos Mexico on Netflix. Great acting and set ups, but their pot field was so lame. It was all plastic plants that looked nothing like a plant, let alone cannabis. Kind of spoiled it for me, but still like the rest of the story.

I'll have to check that show out! Sounds interesting. We are fascinated by shows/movies that address the topic, although often find it depressing at the same time. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul were outstanding, although the interface between the main characters' stories and the drug trade didn't kick in until a little later in both shows.

Have you ever seen the movie 'Traffic'?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Have you ever seen the movie 'Traffic'?

No, I see it's from 2000. I must have missed it. Yes, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul were great shows. The series Narcos about Pablo Escobar was even better than Narcos Mexico. Very violent, but the guy who played Escobar did a great job.