Signs of Spring

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Been up since 2AM. Had about an inch of snow and then it turned to rain.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Heavy rain and NNE winds in the teens-20's with a higher gust mixed in. Typical nor'easter.

"Precipitation types vary greatly depending on your location with this event (rain the coastal plain, freezing rain and sleet along the I-95 corridor and snow north of I-78). We are currently updating the forecast to take into account an earlier changeover to mixed precipitation and will be out shortly." - NWS

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Does anybody have snow? Was getting a mix here at midnight with only about 1/4 inch of snow on the ground. Changed over to rain during the night and we didn't get any snow. 41 degrees here now, looks like we got quite a bit of rain based on the size of the puddles in the yard.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
"Today's going to be the kind of day where for some meteorologists, having a dog would be a good thing. Or whatever the equivalent. One of those pieces of advice is if you want to feel better about a bad forecast, own a dog. Unconditional love solves a lot of problems." - Gary Szatkowski, Meteorologist :D

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
On CNN yesterday afternoon they were proclaiming that a blizzard was going to affect 100 million Americans, and things were going to be horrible in New York. They said to expect a minimum of 11 inches of snow in NYC, but new data had just come in to suggest it would probably be closer to 23 inches.

The current forecast says 4 to 6 inches in NYC.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
On CNN yesterday afternoon they were proclaiming that a blizzard was going to affect 100 million Americans, and things were going to be horrible in New York. They said to expect a minimum of 11 inches of snow in NYC, but new data had just come in to suggest it would probably be closer to 23 inches.

The current forecast says 4 to 6 inches in NYC.
The difference a few degrees can make! I read on the National Weather Service page that yesterday was the 24th anniversary of the 1993 blizzard. Now that was a snowstorm! Frankly I am very disappointed today but thankful that at least a few inches of rain are falling in our area.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
On CNN yesterday afternoon they were proclaiming that a blizzard was going to affect 100 million Americans, and things were going to be horrible in New York.

They said the same thing in January 2015; it was a Monday/Tuesday storm as well. Boston and New England got clobbered.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I actually find it refreshing that Nature is still able to surprise us in spite of all our technology. And I am quite happy to only see some puddles in the driveway instead of 10 inches of snow. Now if I drank a lot of beer last night and planned to spend the day at home, and was awakened by a call from the boss asking why I wasn't at work…. I'd be pi$$ed at the weather man. ;)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I was in the big box home store a week ago, all the snow blowers had sales prices on them, This past Saturday they were lined up without the sales prices. On Monday I checked online and they were out of stock. If I had bought one, I'd be pi$$ed at the weatherman :argh:

Locally had a wind gust of 71mph in the last hour. This is from a friends feed on Barnegat Bay.

Seaside web cam.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newjersey/seasideheights/?cam=seasideheights