Slightly Chiggered and Lost without my GPS

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Today Laura and I decided to visit Greenwood WMA.

We stopped at Old Half Way and went to the small lake. It's nearly dry and the erosion didn't look any worse than it had when I last visited two or three years ago. We tried to find the second, larger lake but I think we ended up walking down the wrong road. We walked as far as Laura could stand but had to turn back. I wish I had my GPS. (I lent it to my friend Cass who is moving to Alaska - he is using it to autoroute his way down the Al-Can highway.)

I then wanted to go visit the Union Clay Graves and see if there was any damage done by the jerkwad that I banned the other week who said that he had stood on the graves. Well, long story short - I couldn't find them. I have heard whisperings that there is sort of a path to them now, but I wasn't able to see it, which is good news to me.

I did, somehow, get a few chiggers on my hands and forearm. I think I got them off before they bit me. Such a shame since it's so nice to be in the woods now. I enjoyed being in the woods before I knew too much about these damn chiggers.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

All is well at the graves, and it is good that the path is hard to find.

Nice to see you were out today with Laura.

Guy