Slow site?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If it is only certain times of the day that really has to be something other than the server I would think. My wife and Jessica are always complaining the web is slow during the day.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Would it be possible to use one of the speed test apps to see if it's the supplier system - Comcast, Verizon, etc. - that's the bandwidth bottleneck?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
It may have something to do with how this site reaches the different providers. I wonder if there's a pattern? I am on Verizon DSL. But this site has been standing out as unusually slow recently. I get timeouts just trying to load the forum homepage and have to keep reloading. Or when I try to submit a post it times out. I am also posting on several other forums daily and this is the only place I seeing a problem. And this is pretty new, within the last couple weeks. Ben, I know you are doing everything you can and I don't mean for this to sound critical at all. Probably one of those mysteries that will just come and go. It's not a big deal anyway, just reporting what I see here FWIW. :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Just got a bunch of errors related to the previous post. It appears that the code for the normal text editor didn't load into my browser and I was writing the post above in raw html - it didn't even recognize the carriage returns. Weird.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Just got this again a couple times in the last 15-minutes. This particular one was when I was attempting to mark all forums read. Prior was replying to a post.

screenSmall_zps8ce51e6b.jpg