Smokey D. Bear Traveling Artwork Exhibit

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
This sounds cool as hell. I loved Smokey.
Free too. Amazing.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Heck yeah that's cool as hell! I'll visit it for sure! Thanks for posting Scott!
(I have a bunch of Smokey memorabilia, including a stuffed rendition & received as a gift when I was about 5)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I got this at a junk store in Cape May back in 2006 and screwed it to an oak tree next to one of the little trails on my property. The tree has gotten a lot bigger and is slowly devouring Smokey. :D

It's a reproduction, but well-made from heavy gauge galvanized steel with a fired ceramic finish of some kind (not just painted on), still in very good condition after all these years. There was a label on the back saying it was hand made by some guy in the US.

IMG_9049.jpg

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I got this at a junk store in Cape May back in 2006 and screwed it to an oak tree next to one of the little trails on my property. The tree has gotten a lot bigger and is slowly devouring Smokey. :D

It's a reproduction, but well-made from heavy gauge galvanized steel with a fired ceramic finish of some kind (not just painted on), still in very good condition after all these years. There was a label on the back saying it was hand made by some guy in the US.

View attachment 20159
Very cool. Please post a picture in 2093 when it is fully enveloped. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Boyd and MuckSavage

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Definitely! I'll post it right after my 144th birthday party! :dance:

In the meantime, here it was in 2016

smokey2016.jpg

And this is 2012 (couldn't find a bigger one). Seems like I must have an older one somewhere, but haven't been able to find it. :)

smokey2012.jpg

Reactions: teleflux

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I hit the display at the CM Ferry Terminal on Sunday. They have the paintings hanging along the second floor skywalk windows, maybe 30 in total. Many of the works are brimming with wildlife, including deer and birds, some of which Wendelin managed to anthropomorphize as they sadly looked over a charred forest.

Certainly a pleasant little art show and it is coming to Batsto July 10-17. Enjoy !

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Wish I wasn't working... Today would have been a good day to visit, art and a concert.

The Summer Concert Series returns, Wednesday, 7/5/23!
Concerts are free, and open to the public

Caught a concert by chance once after a ferry ride

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
"Wildfire" captures other fuel types which are much more prevalent in other areas of the country such as rangelands, grasslands, marshes, tundra, and peat bogs.