snake milking

Darkstar844

Feb 21, 2008
Anybody know where I can go to learn how to milk a snake. It's something iv'e always wanted to do and would appreciate any help.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Greg Focker: "You can milk just about anything with nipples"
Jack Byrnes: "I have nipples Greg, could you milk me?"

MEET THE PARENTS (2000)

g.

snakehunter7

Scout
Apr 6, 2006
MIllville
there are some programs on njfishandwildlife.com, look around there, maybe someone there could help you, ive got a good understanding of it, just no experience, so i cant really help, its not worth risking injuring an animal

Darkstar844

Feb 21, 2008
same here, I have a good idea of what to do but i dont want to hurt the snake or get bit myself.

Sean Barry

Scout
Jul 16, 2006
Davis, California
Some one else started a thread with this topic about 18 months ago, and the answer is still basically the same:
1. If you insist on pursuing this idea, find a venom supplier with whom you can apprentice (venom suppliers are the source for the raw materials used in antivenin production and also for venoms supplied to the research world)
2. make sure you are prepared to lose digits, or at least lose the use of some. Odds are that you will.

Unless you have a specific productive reason to milk a snake (i.e., other than for personal fulfillment) it would be considered unnecessary cruelty to the snake and extremely risky to you. I like my hands a lot and I worry enough when I run the table saw. When it comes to snake milking, think of a rattler as a table saw with an attitude.

Sean Barry

Anybody know where I can go to learn how to milk a snake. It's something iv'e always wanted to do and would appreciate any help.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
When it comes to snake milking, think of a rattler as a table saw with an attitude.

Good one Sean!

About 5 years ago a guy's dog brought a rattler back back in to shore having picked it up in Lake Oswego. The dog's owner covered it with a bucket, then a little later he picked up the edge of the bucket to sneek a peek, and got bit for his curiousity.

That is the story anyway. Seems unbelievable, but.......

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Good one Sean!

About 5 years ago a guy's dog brought a rattler back back in to shore having picked it up in Lake Oswego. The dog's owner covered it with a bucket, then a little later he picked up the edge of the bucket to sneek a peek, and got bit for his curiousity.

That is the story anyway. Seems unbelievable, but.......

If it was 5 years ago then last year there was another incident at Oswego where a dog and a man was bit.

Guy

Mar 1, 2008
it says he was drunk when he got bit. earlier that day the park rangers took away beer from his group of friends. alcohol and poisonious snakes don't mix

Yes indeed,
Those poisonous snakes after a few drinks can get very rude in a bar.
The bastards think they own the pool table!

g.

Yes, LARGO—but that’s only because the table has holes!!!! Those snake-in-the-grass pool hustlers can really put the “bite” on you!

I hope this response doesn’t rattle you!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman