Piney
Jan 2, 2003
One TR, one Pine and one Black.

P4290023s.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice Ed. We looked all morning but came up empty.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Nice! I assume TR is timber rattler, then you found a pine and also a black rat snake? Great day!

Teegate, next time take me with you, I've been known to find a snake or two from time to time. :D

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I can vouch for Chilehead,at least in his ability to locate treefrogs. It might take me 20 minutes to track down a ventriloqual treefrog but I have seen mark hear one call and immediately head into the brush with a flash light and locate it within a minute.A definite noteworthy skill in my opinion.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
I remember that night, my determination was primarily fueled by my refusal to get all of those mosquito bites for nothing! I look forward to doing it again though! Got some great pics that night.

Now, if only we could get the snakes to vocalize...:D

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I remember that night, my determination was primarily fueled by my refusal to get all of those mosquito bites for nothing! I look forward to doing it again though! Got some great pics that night.

Now, if only we could get the snakes to vocalize...:D
I have had Pine Snakes vocalize.I have caught several that I would have walked by without seeing except for their bluff and bluster "Hissy Fit". I had one pine snake attract attention to himself from 50 ft away.He seen me at that distance which is very good eye sight for a snake.I would have never seen him if he didn't call me out.I won the fight but we parted friends:)

Reactions: Jon Holcombe