Snow

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
If you like to ski, next week should be fantastic in a swath from the Pocono's & Catskills thru the Greens and Whites into Maine. High Point and the Gorge should be in good shape here in NJ. That is, if it all pans out as they are predicting. ;)

DxMwnTYXgAASSMV.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'm happy to be in the gray zone. :)

Me to :D The ice is really getting talked up. I remember that bad one sometime in the late '90s. Montreal was closed down for a month or more. On a trip there in June of that year all, and I do mean all, the tree tops were snapped along the interstate north of the border, it was like a war zone. Our cabin and surrounding area had no power for weeks. That's when I decided to buy a generator. Lots of firewood that spring though.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
National weather service now invests in hedge funds. Sussex County may get nothing, they may get 15". It's all too complicated now. It's like they want to say, "well, we did tell you there is a likely range".

upload_2019-1-18_15-18-17.png

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Yep, except for the colder temps, it's looking like a non-event. And we already had those low temps this past December.

Strange stuff here; we have not had any birds, not a one, come to the feeders over the past couple days. Even the squirrels are in hiding. Maybe they know something the forecasters don't?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
My thermometer says 54 right now at noon.

It was 56 here at 10:30 AM and the sun actually peeked through the clouds briefly. Now, at around 12:30 it's cloudy, windy, 46 degrees and dropping fast. The wind should dry the roads and trees before they freeze. We have gotten off easy so far with this storm. :)

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
With the warm temps got some car maintenance out of the way this morning
Expected the yard to be flooded but that didn't happen either