So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
l-a-c, great story! Neat thing to do. Ah yes, Dock Street Brewery, 16th and Cherry. The place that converted me from vodka and tonic to microbrew beer and been there ever since.
Len

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
Mark, O'Neals still there. And the Khyber. And Good Dog. And Monk's. Then for real down and dirty, McGlinchys. Or Dirty Franks!
Lynn
PS: Couldn't handle the yards at Dock Street!

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
My old man once had a Dock Street T-Shirt. The back of it read, "To life, liberty and the pursuit of hoppiness." :guinness:

Monk's is one of my all time favorites. The Belgians know how to do thing. Rabbit, lamb and fine ales. Mmmm.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Mark, O'Neals still there. And the Khyber. And Good Dog. And Monk's. Then for real down and dirty, McGlinchys. Or Dirty Franks!
Lynn
PS: Couldn't handle the yards at Dock Street!

Neither could I, really, but it sounded good. O'neals I have some great memories of. Back in 1985 I was working on the restoration of a ship at Penn's Landing, the Gazela, and we used to wander up there for burgers and beers three or four nights a week. They found out we were the guys everyone had seen hanging off the rigging for the last month, and treated us like kings.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
What in the blue "F***"
is going on here?

g.

George -- I hope I get to shake your hand some day. You're the best. :)

Three cheers also to Veronica, who has obviously pinpointed a potential soul mate and has aspired to shoot a Cupid's arrow!

It's what makes the world go 'round! This is the reason why I get such a kick out of seeing mr & mrs birds in trees ...

... and why I sit out in the middle of Wharton at 3am listening to frogs sing for companionship.

Love! Love! Love!

(and headaches).

Bill

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
(and headaches).

giggler.gif

Nov 27, 2007
Stockton College
i have class from 6-8 on valentine's day :[ and my boyfriend will be in NH..
he's coming down here next week, and we will be spending a ton of time in the woods!how scary!! :rolleyes:
i got very close to a doe the other day and we're going to track her and her buddies!
i hope everyone has a nice time. i think every day is valentine's day when you're with someone you love :]

TrailOtter

Explorer
Nov 24, 2007
Takin my girl to the Flyers game in Philly on Valentines Day...I'm more of a NASCAR fan, but she loves hockey.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
She told me she is involved in a movie in the pine barrens and told me to post this link, however I can not look at the link because she wants to suprise me with this beautiful place in the pines.

I would suggest not propagating links that people give you unless you know them to be safe and unoffensive in the context in which you distribute them. A lot of malware gets propagated this way.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
just tryin to deal with my leaky apartment, its pouring out there and part of my ceiling just caved in (one foot by 5 inch section)

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
NO! I trusted her that she would be suprising me with someplace in the pine barrens. I was wrong. She LIED to me. I was suspicous the minute she told me about her website and didnt want me to look at it until I met her. Some guys would jump at the chance, not me, no way. I'm glad I know the truth now. I will not be talking to her ever again. Figures the 1st girl interested in me in a long time turns out to be into this garbage. just my bad luck. I've had it my whole life. Its a big headache! The sooner this thread is GONE the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.