So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
When I worked at Cattus Island Park, my supervisor had a standard response when asked what we were doing for Earth Day. It was "Nothing. Every day is Earth day for us". I kinda feel that way about what I call "Hallmark Holidays". You should be treating your special someone nice every day, not on just one day a year. Same for Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc.

But then, that's just my cynical view of things. I'm also a husband, and when she's not happy, I'm not happy. So she is getting a card and flowers and we are going out to dinner. I'll battle windmills on another day.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Dating and meeting people for dates is soooooo much different then it was in the 70s. Then free love was more then great, it was life itself. People were more real then with different priorities. Over the years people have raked eachother over the coals so bad, people are gun shy of relationships. Men have adjusted all too well with women's lib. We want it, we got it. You want to be independed, go support yourself, and by the way, while you're at it...buy me dinner too. Valentines Day? What are you getting me?
99% of the men I meet are like this. This is why I have stayed by myself since I've divorced in 1998. Older men are alittle better. Seasoned with the old ways. But alot of them too have adjusted to this new way of thinking. I personally don't like it. I was never a fan of all this womens right sh... but have to suffer it regardless.
so celebrate being alone on the big V day. See it as Victory. You are alone and have peace. Everything is yours, yours, yours...

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I don't know how long ago this was, but it was not that long ago they still had the spittoons there. Hopefully it was after they had removed them you took her there :)

They have a wider selection of food there now. We go for the pizza which smells like the cheese that Scott brings on the PBX hikes, and it tastes just as good. My youngest daughter refuses to eat it because it smells so bad. I had some Monday night :)

Guy

I've been in the Old Rail since they fixed it up it's nice now. When I took my wife (to be) there on that Valentine's Day it was around '99. The place was a hole. It was kind of like a bad joke taking her there at the end of the night. She hated it. I went there a lot throughout the nineties and got thrown out of there more times than I can remember. One night I was in there with two of my cousins (around '98). My cousin Jimmy takes a sip of beer from a bottle and spits out tiny pieces of glass and blood. He freaked out. The bartender said something along the lines of "Just deal with it, no big deal" Jimmy jumped across the bar and took a swing at the guy missed and fell down. Got up and started smashing any glass or bottles he could get his hands on. My other cousin threw a bottle at the guy. That was a typical night at Hotches a.k.a. The old Rail. Nobody got hurt that night but we were banned for a little while.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, take your significant other to a nice, clean family place and check your beer for glass before you drink it. If you are single, get out there tonight there will be others in the same boat looking for a fun night. Be careful out there, watch out for "greys?", and stand up in the bar and yell, "what in the blue %$@# is going on around here?!?"

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
"what in the blue %$@# is going on around here?!?"

Hey,
I like that, kinda catchy.

Good dialogue this afternon folks.
LIP... take heed the advice you're given here.
SkullCherries, I am glad Jeff said something 'cause I was thinking "damn"
that's just not right.
German... well spoken and not cynical at all. Every day, not one.
Scott... The song sounds very cool when played, the lyrics don't do it justice.
It is a sad truth though.
Most important............ A very happy Birthday to a pleasant lady Sue!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Sue Gremlin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :dance:

suresue592003: great perspective on things, but you might also want to heed Ben's advice about not sharing too much online :)

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Sue Gremlin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :dance:

suresue592003: great perspective on things, but you might also want to heed Ben's advice about not sharing too much online :)

The first thing I do when I get a resume for a position that I am hiring for is Google for them. I also search by their email address (if it's in their resume.) I'll look on Facebook and Myspace as well. It's all public information, and gives me an idea of the person who I am looking to hire.

People really need to watch what they post because with few exceptions, it never goes away. It can be used against you, and people form opinions on you based on how you act online.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Happy B Day Sue Gremlin!
As for me, I went to my weekly sportmen's club meeting, as usual.
Our club has not missed a weekly meeting since 1938. This is our 70th year.
I have to admit, I haven't made quite all of those meetings. :)
I told the bride that we would go out to dinner tomorrow night.
Scott

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Rite now enjoying a Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat and ROTFLMAO!!!! :rofl: This thread rocks!!! I haven't checked here in a while, I whish I saw this from the beginning. As I read it from the start (tonight) I said to myself WTF??? LOL
This is one of the funniest threads I have read in a long while on any forum, I read and belong to several forums. (lost count, close to 10)

I told my gf that the night we spent last weekend at General Lafayette's Inn (BnB) was her V-D gift. We had to beat the rush. LOL Every day is like Valentines Day around here..........Mike

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
ICanoe,

General Lafayette's Inn is a fine place indeed. A nice atmosphere and a good selection of quality microbrews. I'm presently drinking a Nugget Nectar by Troeg's. Nothing like going to sleep with some hops on the palate.

Status
Not open for further replies.