Some N.J. state parks, forests can reopen for camping June 22, officials say

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
One month later, still no change. Lower Forge, Mullica River, and Buttonwood are issuing permits beginning June 1 but not Goshen, Hawkins, Godfrey, and maybe some others. It's nonsensical- I thought maybe they would want to keep the ones closed that are hardest to patrol, but that would clearly be LF and Mullica- which are reopening.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
I have sent numerous emails to sthe DEP to get an explanation and have got crickets but think of who gets the most use out of those two the for profit arm of the PPA Pineland Adventures and screw the rest of us who like to go to Bodine field or Hawkins Bridge

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
Here is the reply i finally got from our buddy rob my personal opinion is that this is really insane the keep Godfrey bridge and Bodine field and Hawkins Bridge closed which are usuily booked up solid from may till Sept just to open lower forge and mullica for his buddy jason and the friggen PPA and screw the rest of us who dont back pack or canoe in to camp i go to Hawkins becouse its in the middle of the woods and my disabled wife can still get around. this insanity really needs to end

Phil –

Atsion Family Camp is open. Lower Forge, Mullica, Batona and Buttonwood Hill open June 1. This will accommodate Batona trail back packers, overnight canoe trips and vehicle campers. Bodine, Hawkins Godfrey and Goshen are expected to open later this summer. A firm date will be available soon.

Enjoy.

-Rob

Last edited:

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
All today is July 10th and still Hawkins Bridge Bodine field Godfrey Bridge remain closed to camping can somebody please explain to me the logic behind this other than catering to Pinelands Adventures this is insanity and they have no idea when they're going to open it either I'm beginning to wonder if the rumor that I heard it's true that they're not going to open up Hawkins Godfrey's for Bodine field ever again

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
All today is July 10th and still Hawkins Bridge Bodine field Godfrey Bridge remain closed to camping can somebody please explain to me the logic behind this other than catering to Pinelands Adventures this is insanity and they have no idea when they're going to open it either I'm beginning to wonder if the rumor that I heard it's true that they're not going to open up Hawkins Godfrey's for Bodine field ever again
The logic is control and fear