Southeast of Hampton Forge

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
That is a dynamite looking truck. Here's my "winch truck". The winch is rated for 3 times the Jeep's weight. 160 amp alternator & 2 optima's power it.

Attachments

• Chero-yak.JPG
    Chero-yak.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 218

whitingrider

Explorer
Jun 28, 2007
Whiting
Thanks, everyone. I wasn't trying to hijack this thread either.
Mucksavage, that truck looks as if it could go anywhere.
Maybe someone should start a "rigs" thread?
Tom

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Those are some beautiful pictures, I love those vistas where fire opened the woods up and new seedlings grow in. The roads look tough though, that's why they invented trucks. Out here some folks who dont have trucks try to drive down those roads, like those city slickers who got their BMW X5 stuck in the sand out in Amagansett.
The Chevy with the big tires looks like the best truck to get you through that kind of terrain!
Must be fun in cold weather when the "puddles" freeze over.:guinness:

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That is a real nice truck Tom!! I have an old '88 bronco I abuse the hell out of. As a matter of fact I did a number on it Saturday night. I need to do some repair work. It is a beast.

Jeff

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Nice report Mark! That is a very wild area. I saw a huge rattlesnake in roughly that vincinity a while back. Bob, I think we were in that savanna on the seven scenic savannas hike.

Jeff

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Did you guys hear the reports predicting $4 gas by spring? Some nasty factors all coming together. Good thing I don't burn much just tooling around in the woods, but the drive down from Long Valley, which already costs close to $20 each way, will probably get worse.

whitingrider

Explorer
Jun 28, 2007
Whiting
Thanks, Jeff.
Mark, I feel the pain (as does everyone). I have a meeting in Washington Twp. (Warren County) and I'm sure it's going to cost me $50-60 in gas. I wish it were warmer, that's a nice ride on the Fatboy.
Tom