Splendid Barrens

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
I tend to enjoy the pine barrens on two levels. Often I'm seduced by, and can lose myself within, their simplistic appearance, which seems to suggest infinite sameness. But the ultimate pleasure comes through discovering the infinite diversity our pine barrens have to offer. You've captured this with your photos, Glo.

Thank you for sharing. Please, keep coming back.

Glo:

Wonder-filled, beautiful images. You have provided us with a visual travelogue of your most recent visit and I can see that Mr. Beck has had a profound influence on your photography! No —not Henry C.—the OTHER Mr. Beck, whose work we have all come to appreciate and enjoy.

And that pile of books looks vaguely familiar! :ninja: It is always my pleasure to have you visit my library and make use of the collections I have assembled here.

We are all looking forward to your next sojourn to our state.

Mutum est pictura poema.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
What a memorable week in the life of me! You appreciated and laughed, hiked and explored, played and prayed, every bit of what we all cherish each day. In doing so, you took home the greatest souvenier ~ your memories......and left us with handfuls as well. Thank you and we'll hold your reservation for fall of 2010!

Love, turtle

How many photos did you take with you? :)

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Oh, take me back to the white sand road
with a low-slung moon
where shadows sway
through dreaming pines;

where peepers shrill
and bog scents rise,
and a whippoorwill cries of days gone by . . .

Take me back.

Glo.......your creation? I love it.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Thank you! In answer to your questions, T: approximately 350 photos, many of which are videos, most useful for research. About the poem: I tend to compose such laments on the long drive home. I also tend to miss exits while doing so--not a good idea. :)

Glo

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
as i sit here at the computer, house bound today...i am brought back to the sights(sites) i love while looking at your pictures! i can almost here the water ripple and smell the cedar and pines.
boy! i love the big woods! thanks for bringing me back today.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
as i sit here at the computer, house bound today...i am brought back to the sights(sites) i love while looking at your pictures! i can almost here the water ripple and smell the cedar and pines.
boy! i love the big woods! thanks for bringing me back today.

Thank you. I know what you mean: sitting here in my study, I sometimes wonder whether such an enchanting place really exists. Then the photos do their job of resurrecting memories, and I am reassured. :)

Glo