Spotlight Article on Off-Roading

Jason Howell

Explorer
Nov 23, 2009
126
50
Umm...I might be wrong but the article is about Wharton. The map that is included looks more like the entire southern half of the state. Might be misleading a bit....again:rolleyes:

The image is broad because if the close up view was used it would be like an instruction book for the mudders.
 

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
1,131
576
Atco, NJ
One of those markers is right down the road from where I live in Estell Manor, and there appear to be a bunch in Peaslee WMA too….
My point exactly. I'm not saying there's not damage there but you are far from Wharton where the actual study happened.
 

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
7,913
1,685
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well they haven't really explained what the markers represent. I don't doubt there's damage at those locations, I see (and hear) ORV's all the time down here and have no problem with the Pinelands Commission studying the issue and working on a plan.
 

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
1,131
576
Atco, NJ
Well they haven't really explained what the markers represent. I don't doubt there's damage at those locations, I see (and hear) ORV's all the time down here and have no problem with the Pinelands Commission studying the issue and working on a plan.

I don't either but there has been not been a PLC study done outside of Wharton yet. The problem is in the article itself. The image provided is misleading to title of the article which is
Pinelands Commission Releases Damage Report for Wharton State Forest.
 

Jason Howell

Explorer
Nov 23, 2009
126
50
I don't either but there has been not been a PLC study done outside of Wharton yet. The problem is in the article itself. The image provided is misleading to title of the article which is
Pinelands Commission Releases Damage Report for Wharton State Forest.[/]

It's a visual representation of data PPA submitted to the Commission. The Commission itself added more than 100 points to the Wharton section. The Commission has not looked into other areas yet.
 

Tony

Scout
Jul 30, 2015
43
20
69
Folsom
A lot of this so called damage in being made up by the PPA in order to get there MAP. In the last few weeks I spoken to a few park officers and they said thing are quit and no new damage .
 
  • Like
Reactions: mowergod

Jason Howell

Explorer
Nov 23, 2009
126
50
So it is just more inaccurate propaganda to mislead. The 'mudders' already know the spots or there wouldn't be any issues :rolleyes:

The mudders are not one contiguous group. You have thousands of people from the tristate area looking at the Pinelands as the place to go to do this stuff. Not every point on that map has been beaten to a total pulp. It would be a bad idea to share it in detail.
 

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
8,838
2,125
Coastal NJ
You have thousands of people from the tristate area looking at the Pinelands as the place to go to do this stuff.

Thousands? Really? Must be a long line. And you can verify that claim? Just more hyperbole. The PPA loses more credibility with every claim such as this. And, FTR, I have no one looking to do this stuff. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
158
95
South Jersey
Good info that will hopefully be shared with law enforcement to concentrate on areas.

Would seem the police are doing just that, regardless of what the propaganda says -

From the NJ Spotlight article link in post#12:

"Six state park officers, up from only two, are now assigned to patrol the forest, and they are writing more tickets, Texel said. From March to July this year, officers recorded 629 violations by off-road drivers, compared with 679 for all of 2015."
 
  • Like
Reactions: MikeBickerson

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
7,913
1,685
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'm glad to see they're having some success in Wharton. But Wharton is only 12% of the pinelands… what about the other 88% (from which, IIRC, they actually transferred enforcement resources)? Is there some plan to address the big picture?
 
Last edited:
Top