Stop leaving feces, bottles of urine at reopened N.J. parks! ‘There is zero tolerance for that,' cops say

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
I'm happy to say I have not encountered this in Bass River SF. Must be those northern NJ types doing it. Gross. Today I picked up: 2 empty cigarette packs, a mylar balloon, Dunkin' and Wawa coffee/drink cups, several unhealthy sugary drink cans - empty, plus the usual random paper and plastic bits. Not really a lot considering the distance I covered, roads and trails and parking lots.

Also several whole or partial official State Park Service signs - Closed due to COVID-19, Limited Opening, No Swimming, etc. (That's the life cycle of a State Park Service sign: They put them up, people or weather take them down, and I collect the bits from the brush and it goes in the trash.)

Reactions: Teegate

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Who in their right mind would go to the trouble to pee into a bottle when they were surrounded by woods ? They certainly didn't grow up the way I did.
Unless, of course, it was some kind of solitary competition like.... "I wonder if I can fill this standing, 16oz. bottle from 8' away without missing the opening......Blindfolded ???" :)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Who in their right mind would go to the trouble to pee into a bottle when they were surrounded by woods ? They certainly didn't grow up the way I did.
Unless, of course, it was some kind of solitary competition like.... "I wonder if I can fill this standing, 16oz. bottle from 8' away without missing the opening......Blindfolded ???" :)
I take it you were one of those kids writing your name in the snow? :)

Something only a guy would think of, much less do!

I first realized that the differences between us were not merely anatomic when I was 10, and I saw my 6 year old brother and his buddy competing to see who could pee longer onto the front door welcome mat. !!

Last edited:
T

Toothy Critter

I'm happy to say I have not encountered this in Bass River SF. Must be those northern NJ types doing it. Gross. Today I picked up: 2 empty cigarette packs, a mylar balloon, Dunkin' and Wawa coffee/drink cups, several unhealthy sugary drink cans - empty, plus the usual random paper and plastic bits. Not really a lot considering the distance I covered, roads and trails and parking lots.

Also several whole or partial official State Park Service signs - Closed due to COVID-19, Limited Opening, No Swimming, etc. (That's the life cycle of a State Park Service sign: They put them up, people or weather take them down, and I collect the bits from the brush and it goes in the trash.)

So people from No Jersey are responsible for all the woes of So. Jersey? So if I travel up to Stokes to fish, and find garbage, I can blame it on "those South Jersey types"? That is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever seen on this site. It was someone from 60 miles away that traveled to leave a bottle of piss in the woods. Not someone from Pemberton, or Bridgeton, or Philadelphia. You sadden me you Nit!!!!!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So people from No Jersey are responsible for all the woes of So. Jersey? So if I travel up to Stokes to fish, and find garbage, I can blame it on "those South Jersey types"? That is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever seen on this site. It was someone from 60 miles away that traveled to leave a bottle of piss in the woods. Not someone from Pemberton, or Bridgeton, or Philadelphia. You sadden me you Nit!!!!!

Everyone, if you are not happy with someone to the point you have to criticize them, don't post anything. Just keep it to yourself.

Reactions: old jersey girl

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have been on this site for almost 20 years and I learned a long time ago that editing posts is something that bothers many individuals, and that I why I do my best to not edit anything. With that said, I am tired of having to hear complaints from all sides on this issue, so if you have something negative to say about someone do what is correct and don't post it. Can I be anymore clearer?????