Storms headed our way again

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'll bet she could also tell you all the TV shows you watch. ;)

Another strong front just roared through here barely missing me to the North. Got dark and windy and I heard thunder, but not a drop fell and now the sky is starting to clear. Radar shows it following the Atlantic/Burlington County line heading Southeast to the shore now.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am sure someone at Comcast can but should the person you call have access to that??

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I am sure someone at Comcast can but should the person you call have access to that??

If you allow them to; after all it is their product. You just license it for use per their agreement. After all, some low level clerk in the NSA has access to all your phone records and internet activity, and God knows what else. Don't you feel safer now? :ninja:

Here is more Comcast stuff for you.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage/

I'm pretty sure they stopped this stuff though, although with the current environment they may have restarted it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/wtk/2010/07/30/comcastnet/

Hey, everybody is doing it.

Eat your cookies; eat them often :D

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Guy, from what you said the support person probably was just able to see when your IP address was in use. If that's all they can see, I wouldn't have a problem with it. That is the kind of info they need to troubleshoot problems.

Concerns about privacy are very real and I've written about them around here for years. Who knows exactly what either the government or private companies can learn about our personal lives? It's sad, but privacy as we used to know it has been gone for a number of years now.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Back on topic... more storms headed our way with warnings for the Western counties. Just looked at the radar and that front is moving really fast.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 367 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 100 AM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

. NEW JERSEY COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

CAMDEN CAPE MAY CUMBERLAND
GLOUCESTER SALEM

warning.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
They are forecasting this into next week. Kind of monotonous. The skeeters are so bad I went out and bought a fogger. First try was this afternoon, appears to keep them at bay for about 4 hours. I am a skeeter magnet and nary a one, not even a tiger.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
They are forecasting this into next week. Kind of monotonous. The skeeters are so bad I went out and bought a fogger. First try was this afternoon, appears to keep them at bay for about 4 hours. I am a skeeter magnet and nary a one, not even a tiger.

What chemical are you using ? The last I used was a black flag product and didn't work so well....

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
What chemical are you using ? The last I used was a black flag product and didn't work so well....

That's what I am using, along with their propane powered fogger. We'll see how well it works in the long term, but so far I am impressed. The dog would get covered in them from the grass area, after fogging, none. This stuff is odorless, and the fogger puts out so much a neighbor thought we had a fire starting. I had tried the canned aersol fogger from Off, but they were just a waste of time and money.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Yea that is the same I am using this year. First time I used it in the back yard my neighbor was SCREAMING at the front door that my house was on fire...... Good Times.......

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I think we've discussed this before... I have childhood memories of the big fogger truck driving around the neighborhood. We would all hop on our bikes and follow it around. Amazing that I'm still alive, they were using DDT back then. The citronella candles seem somewhat effective. Don't think I'm quite ready to spend $70 on a fogger yet and expose myself to more chemicals.

All that rain missed me last night, it's very dry outside this morning here.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I think we've discussed this before... I have childhood memories of the big fogger truck driving around the neighborhood. We would all hop on our bikes and follow it around. Amazing that I'm still alive, they were using DDT back then. The citronella candles seem somewhat effective. Don't think I'm quite ready to spend $70 on a fogger yet and expose myself to more chemicals.

All that rain missed me last night, it's very dry outside this morning here.

Ah yes, the sweet smell of the city fogger truck. What a way to end a summer day :eek: If you haven't grown any new appendages or died yet, your probably good to go, unless you are a feathered egg layer. DDT got to certain species of them in a bad way and made Rachel Carson relatively rich. That debate continues, but I'm more concerned with the current selection of mosquito born illnesses.

http://www.warrencountymosquito.org/mosquitobornediseases.php

http://www.healthfactsandfears.org/healthissues/newsID.1234/healthissue_detail.asp

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
They have been splitting, with some passing to the North and others to the South of me. Not a drop yet here. This is really reminding me of the weather patterns we saw last summer.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Electricity dimming and our cable TV went down. I have not looked out but I don't think we have had much rain.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Here we go again, just about the entire state, as well DE and parts of PA, MD.

Tornado Watch

TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 377
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
200 PM EDT THU JUN 27 2013

TORNADO WATCH 377 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

NJC001-005-007-009-011-015-019-021-023-025-027-029-033-035-037-
041-280200-
/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0377.130627T1800Z-130628T0200Z/

NJ
. NEW JERSEY COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ATLANTIC BURLINGTON CAMDEN