Stormy Hill?

sjbowers

Apr 25, 2017
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Oh how wonderful it would be if that photo was in a book. But I highly doubt it. I have come to the conclusion we may not have been the most liked family. I say this only because I can't find any info on the Bowers family. I mean one time Jack Cervito mentions him in a book I bought from OC historical. For a man from Germany managing cranberry farms in two locations during the late 1800 for 50 years and raising a family of 15 in the same place I would think that would be of some historical value. Oh wait I did forget he is mentioned also in the historical documents for the Cedar Bridge Tavern as well. Living there when he first arrived and also getting married to Cathanne. But I can't find not one pitcure or anything else. I just find it strange, so that is why I say possibly not well liked. We left the area soon after John's passing in 1912 to Riverside. So many questions but so few answers and I'm just so obsessed!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Comparing Boyd's map with the main NJPB map it appears to be on Haines property. You can see Frank's Ford Rd in the upper corner of Boyd's map, runs right to Stormy Hill Rd.

It is part of a large parcel, but my database does not show any ownership data.

parcel.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The lot info shown on the state of NJ database is given to them by each individual town. Washington Township rarely updates them so the state info is outdated. They will be working on fixing that in the future but as you know almost everything moves slow when the state is involved. With that said, that parcel is Washington Township Block 18.02 Lot 2.01 and is registered to Ralph and William Haines. It is interesting to note that before it was 18.02 Lot 2.01 it was Block 18 Lot 2.01 and the state map called is Block 18 Lot 2. So Washington Township MAY have updated it twice and not passed that along to the state. I am uncertain of that.

That property is 6201.86 acres and they pay $18,904.56.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Oh how wonderful it would be if that photo was in a book. But I highly doubt it. I have come to the conclusion we may not have been the most liked family. I say this only because I can't find any info on the Bowers family. I mean one time Jack Cervito mentions him in a book I bought from OC historical. For a man from Germany managing cranberry farms in two locations during the late 1800 for 50 years and raising a family of 15 in the same place I would think that would be of some historical value. Oh wait I did forget he is mentioned also in the historical documents for the Cedar Bridge Tavern as well. Living there when he first arrived and also getting married to Cathanne. But I can't find not one pitcure or anything else. I just find it strange, so that is why I say possibly not well liked. We left the area soon after John's passing in 1912 to Riverside. So many questions but so few answers and I'm just so obsessed!

Her maiden name is Wildermuth I believe. She is in Reevestown with John. His stone was damaged the last time I was there. I believe the stone spells her name differently than you do.