Stupid ?

virgos

Explorer
Mar 25, 2007
Is there a really good spot to see the fall colors in the pine barrens. Maybe a road that borders the pines and a hardwood forest???

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Is there a really good spot to see the fall colors in the pine barrens. Maybe a road that borders the pines and a hardwood forest???

I never thought of it that way Virgos. Sassafrass, red oak, birch, and tupelo can be found most anywhere in the pines.

Get in the car and drive....go cat go!

Poke around....explore. :dance:

You won't be disappointed.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I've always found the wetlands to have the best combination of fall color from both trees and shrubs. A nice paddle on any stream or pond, with the colors reflected in the water, is my best bet for fall foliage.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
I've always found the wetlands to have the best combination of fall color from both trees and shrubs. A nice paddle on any stream or pond, with the colors reflected in the water, is my best bet for fall foliage.

I agree. Take a canoe trip, the colors reflecting in the black water is sureal. Try to get a sunny weekday when you can just about have the place to yourself. Quaker bridge to Batsto would be great.