Sunday Stone Searching Seriously Started

flash

Scout
Jul 25, 2009
The WS9 and T_ stone: Notice part of the T is missing along with the other letter, if there even was another letter

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Al is available Sunday!
By the way I am a Dr Hook fan and while surfing youtube vids of Dr Hook found one where the whole band is playing buck nekked.Gave me a whole new view on Dr. Hook.They were obviously all stoned as well.

Lloyd Taylor

Oct 16, 2012
Waretown, NJ
Teegate, I sent you a couple emails of pictures of stones I saw today while running in the FRM to see what you could tell me. Were the stones used to mark property or for something else?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Al and I returned to look for the NN stones and came up empty. I am pretty much giving up on them. However, we did find a sawmill foundation.

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

We spent the rest of the day looking for other stones and also came up empty. One of the locations was seriously tough.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Al and I returned to look for the NN stones and came up empty. I am pretty much giving up on them. However, we did find a sawmill foundation.

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

We spent the rest of the day looking for other stones and also came up empty. One of the locations was seriously tough.

That was some bad crap.That stone will go down as the hardest access of any stone.I'm cuttin trail,I don't like makin trails and I'm going to hide it but believe it or not it got worse right in front of where that video was taken.Blueberry mixed with ten foot high mats of briars,the kind of stuff you get tied up in and have to freak out to get out and then your a bloody mess.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It's Sunday again so Al and I headed out for what should have been one of our toughest searches so far. However, because of various reasons we did not complete this adventure.

So we headed to a new location in Woodland Township near where we found the AL stones shown in the first few posts in this thread. We were looking for 4 stones on a piece of land deep in the woods off of Sooy Road. I had the deed, and by looking at the cedar logging cuts on aerial photo's here at home, I made guesses where the corners of the property were. I then calculated the points using the deed and we were off to find them. Our first location was disapointing and I was doubting my aerial picks. So off to the second location where Al found a sad sorry piece of stone right at the intended location. This unbelievably is one of the corner stones for this property.

IMG_1950.JPG

The next location was close by, and upon arriving we found this stone hidden in the vegetation just 9 feet from my pick here at home on the computer.

IMG_1954.JPG

Al checking it out.

IMG_1956.JPG

The fourth location was a bust, so we ended the day and will return soon to find the final two much further away.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Al tried to be iron man and brave the cold water in regular hiking boots.His rubber boots don't fit and he says I'm tough and hard and 400 feet into the soup he cries Guy my feets are cold I wanna go home! and like a nice guy Guy says okay Al get on my back and I'll carry you out,well he's not quite that nice of a guy but he let me out and wasn't even gonna tell on me,he is some friend!

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
... and wasn't even gonna tell on me,he is some friend!

Methinks he knew you would tell on yourself, and then, we would get the complete story. Guy is perhaps just trying to be politically correct by calling you "various reasons" and letting nature take it's course.

John-

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If I could I would have carried you out; however, for various reasons I don't think I could do that.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Again this morning I headed out early to explore along the Chamberlain Branch. I had made some guesses on possible stone locations and it appears I was dead wrong. In an event, I did get get to visit the ruins of what most likely was a gun club from long ago that nature is beginning to cover over. This one is quite a challenge to get to as I crossed the Chamberlain making the trip shorter but much more of a struggle. My first step into the cedar swamp resulted in me going into the water up to my knee. My foot was wet and cold the rest of the morning. It was still not sunrise and with the fog I could not see a foot in front of me.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.86016777573404&lng=-74.35986757278442&z=17&type=nj2002&gpx=

It was dark with the fog.

IMG_1973.JPG

Sorry for the fuzzy photo's but there was not enough light.

Entering the Chamberlain.

IMG_1978.JPG

Ruins of the suspected club.

IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

I also traveled to this location and can tell you nothing is there at all.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.85481444543263&lng=-74.35925602912903&z=17&type=nj2002&gpx=

Now a little historical information. I then decided to head home and on my way I figured I would stop at the old car Gibby found late this summer. On my way there I passed the Pioneer Gun Club off of Eagle Road and the members were there preparing for next weekend. So I walked over to them and we engaged in a discussion of multiple subjects which is too much to mention here. However, there are a few things I think will really interest many of you.

When many of the gun clubs, including the Pioneer, were torched by arsonists back in the mid to late 60s, they needed a building to replace the wooden one they had previously, The present building was originally a building used by the Navy to assemble wherever it was needed. This particular building came from the Philadelphia Navy Yard and was located unassembled in Hurffville NJ across from the firehouse. The Pioneer members purchased it and had it brought there on an 18 wheeler. Imaging driving it down that road! Anyway, they had no idea how to assemble it but were able to do so, and it obviously is still there today. Over the years the club has even let the Boys Scouts use the building for outings. They are a really nice group of individuals and I am really glad I stopped in to talk with them. I have an email address and will be asking questions in the future. One of the members I talked with mentioned this website and how well he enjoyed visiting it. I informed him who I was and they may be stopping in so to speak :)

Gibby.... I asked about the Cadillac. They informed me it was a former member who years ago left it there and eventually they could not drive it out.

IMG_1984.JPG

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

Guy

Reactions: Gibby

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Teegate, it gives you a small charge, walking up and seeing that huge shell of a car hidden in the brush. I am glad you got to see it in person.

It was nice of the gun club members to speak to you about the history of the club and to reveal details of the old car.

I want to return after it snows sometime to get pictures of that Cadillac covered in snow and make a poster of it for my garage wall.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have walked right by that car at least 5 times in the past and never noticed it.

flash

Scout
Jul 25, 2009
Guy & Al,
Have you guys been able to get out and visit the ws9 and broken T stones? If so is there any info found on the puzzle of property stones in that area?