Sunday Trek

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Yesterday I was itchin' to go to the pines so I DVR'd the Flyers game and headed out. I took Chew rd. to Fleming and went north towards Parkdale. I took Fleming to where Sandy Causeway and Burnt Mill all meet. I parked the truck and headed towards the Clark and Sleeper trestles. My first time checkin' them out. It really turned out to be a beautiful day. At times,when the sun came out, it felt hot. So anyway here are a few photos that I took.

Clark trestle

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Along the way headed towards the Sleeper

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

The Sleeper trestle

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
The photos are quite good, thanks for sharing. That is a cool little Fence Swift sunning. They are hilarious and fast when they zip down the track.
I am glad you took the time to explore. Told ya you'd like them. They are pretty scary looking though huh? Little rickety trestles. These two also provide a feeling of remoteness. You had a good day for it.
I don't know but by the looks of your truck this morn', you found a bit of mud I'd say. It happens.

g.

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
i never knew we had lizards in the pine barrens.. where do they reside in the winter ? they certainly must hunker down somewhere .. now i'll have to look for them..

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Got another cool photo of a mature lizard on the Clark trestle I forgot to add to the others.

Paul

IMG_1082.jpg

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
The photos are quite good, thanks for sharing. That is a cool little Fence Swift sunning. They are hilarious and fast when they zip down the track.
I am glad you took the time to explore. Told ya you'd like them. They are pretty scary looking though huh? Little rickety trestles. These two also provide a feeling of remoteness. You had a good day for it.
I don't know but by the looks of your truck this morn', you found a bit of mud I'd say. It happens.

g.

George, I am glad that I took time to explore too. Thanks for the directions. Oh, by the way, the only reason I got any mud on the truck was because I tried to follow your quad tracks along Fleming. It happens....hehehe...

Paul

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice report and photo’s. With Atsion being bridge 79, the Sleeper has to be 80 and the Clark 81.

Guy

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Thanks to everyone for the positive responses to an awesome day in the pines. Guy, as usual I believe you are correct about 80 & 81. Tom, just got done watching the game, as I'm sure you did too, and HOW 'BOUT THEM FLYERS!!!

Paul