Sweet Jenny's restaurant

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
BARNEGAT TOWNSHIP — The grand plan is to rebuild Sweet Jenny’s restaurant, which was destroyed in a Dec. 27 fire, as soon as possible, owner Marty Sprinzen said Tuesday afternoon.
The southern Ocean County landmark establishment was destroyed when a fire ripped through the log cabin restaurant. The fire started in the restaurant’s ceiling, the Ocean County Fire Marshall’s Office said.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_c1ba9b72-395f-11e0-8ed2-001cc4c002e0.html

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Wow, I never realized there was a fire, haven't been up that way for awhile - nice to know they are going to rebuild. Thanks for posting. I have a friend in Greece named Jenny, and she's sweet, so I always smile when I drive past there. :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This is what comes to mind with the term 'greaser' :D

MHBgreaser.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
From today's Wall Street Journal

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703960804576119871385049448.html

Filling up his Ford Excursion is a headache for Eric Sobalvarro. So many choices: Taco joint or sandwich shop? Scent of banana peppers or of tempura? It takes grit to be a greaser: Stalwarts must recruit restaurants as back-alley sources, filter the smelly liquid in the garage or backyard, and modify a vehicle with a diesel engine to burn it. Drawbacks include finding dead raccoons in restaurant grease vats.

Mr. Sobalvarro is a greaser—one of a small but growing band of drivers who fuel their cars and trucks with used frying oil.

Greasers debate which kinds of restaurants cast off the best used oil. Typically, they say, oil from burger joints and bars requires the most filtering, because it's full of food bits and water from frozen french fries and chicken. They prefer oil from vegetarian and Japanese eateries—anywhere, really, that changes its oil often and doesn't fry a lot of frozen food.

Greasers, though, have limited muscle. What they're doing may not be legal. The Environmental Protection Agency hasn't approved grease as a fuel for cars and trucks, although it has blessed biodiesel.