Tabernacle Inn

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I practiced delinquency there many times in the 80's when it was the dumpy old Villa D.
It was a jumping off point on Saturday nights before running the pole line off Gravelly Hollow Road and the Stump Dump in Medford for loud, drunken bonfires. I was young and stupid back then. Now I am just stupid. ;)
Image059a.jpg

villad.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wow, Guy that's nicer than what I remember!
I'm liking that Ford pickup. Looks like an F-250 with the bone stock 16.5" x 8 lug wheels. It's probably still out there.
If you look closely in my side view mirror, you can see the Rick's Pizza sign where I had just purchased.

Reactions: BeachandBarrens

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Completely bone stock. Those were the years when Ford trucks did not come with a rear bumper. It was an option.
My first Ford pickup truck was bought new in 1982 at Medford Ford. The passenger door light switch was an option back then. When you opened the passenger door it did not turn on the interior light! I bought the truck new off the lot and it didn't have the switch. I paid extra for a chrome step rear bumper instead of the stock "argent" bumper. That truck had the 300 cu. in. inline 6 with the 4 speed OD manual trans. One of the best engines ever made by any manufacturer. Used for trucks all the way up to small stake sized dump trucks and was used to power large generators and industrial pumps. Torque to the moon at low rpm's and it sipped fuel. I sold it to a friend with just under 100,000 on it.

Next, I bought a new 1987 F-250 4WD with the same motor and the Borg-Warner T-18 manual trans. The most bombproof powertrain ever. I sold it in 1997 with 170,000 miles on it to the same guy who bought my 1982 and he ran it 5 more years in his landscaping business.

I am still running my 1997 F-350 5-speed and my 2002 F-350 6 speed and probably will continue to do so until I die. :)

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
Wow, Guy that's nicer than what I remember!
I'm liking that Ford pickup. Looks like an F-250 with the bone stock 16.5" x 8 lug wheels. It's probably still out there.
My '94 Ford had 16.5 wheels on it which I swapped out for wider 16.5 wheels and tires. Had I known then what I know now I'd have gone with 16 inch wheels..

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I liked the Villa D better. We used to stop there before and after a night at Harker's, sometimes sending someone out for a 6 pack but only returned with a 5 pack. That was when Tabernacle was still Tabernacle. I wonder what the D stood for.
It looked like it was a 3 bay garage at one time.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What is the truck all the way to the right in my photo?