Terror suspect grew up in Buena

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Here's a great way for the world to learn about Southern New Jersey...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/12/sharif-mobley-alleged-nj_n_496590.html

An American seized in Yemen in a sweep of suspected al-Qaida members had been a laborer at six U.S. nuclear power plants, and authorities are investigating whether he had access to sensitive information or materials that would be useful to terrorists.

Mobley, a Muslim who grew up in Buena, N.J., was among 11 al-Qaida suspects rounded up earlier this month in Yemen. He was taken to a hospital there over the weekend after he complained of feeling ill. Yemeni officials said he snatched a gun and shot a security guard to death in an attempt to escape from the hospital.

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
I read about this today on another site and have nothing but questions. He grew up in Buena, but is he a native? Are his parents from the area; (I think not) though I could be wrong. Yemen is not quite a tourist destination.

Small cities and towns across America have become meth lab meccas and, it seems, a breeding ground for terrorists.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I read about this today on another site and have nothing but questions. He grew up in Buena, but is he a native? Are his parents from the area; (I think not) though I could be wrong. Yemen is not quite a tourist destination.

Small cities and towns across America have become meth lab meccas and, it seems, a breeding ground for terrorists.

That might be putting it just a bit too emphatically. After all, there are 300+ million people in the U.S. Even if a viewpoint attracts just a quarter of one percent of them that's still 750k folks. Not too surprising to find a few freaks. Look at "Jihad Jane" in Philly the other day.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That might be putting it just a bit too emphatically. After all, there are 300+ million people in the U.S. Even if a viewpoint attracts just a quarter of one percent of them that's still 750k folks. Not too surprising to find a few freaks. Look at "Jihad Jane" in Philly the other day.

And the Fort Dix (4?).

Nov 18, 2008
Erial, NJ
www.facebook.com
And the Fort Dix (4?).

The Fort Dix Six.

This guy having access onto any of those facilities alone is a major threat. He now knows the day to day operations of the facility and what type of security measures he or they would be up against. I am sure he shared his information with whatever cell he belonged to. There will probably be no additional measures added to prevent anything happening because the economy is still hurting.