THE BARRENS: NEW ALBUM RELEASE ANNOUCEMENT

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Tried to buy it but the website said I needed a password and wouldn't allow the purchase. I'll try again tonight, thats the e-mail address they sent it to.
Greg

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Tried to buy it but the website said I needed a password and wouldn't allow the purchase. I'll try again tonight, thats the e-mail address they sent it to.
Greg

Hey Greg. You will probably have to register with CD Baby as you would with i-tunes or Amazon. Let me know if you are successful.

Jeff

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Hey Greg. You will probably have to register with CD Baby as you would with i-tunes or Amazon. Let me know if you are successful.

Jeff

Yup, I registered at home. That's quite an e-mail they send to confirm your order (if you've never seen it, it's pretty funny).
Greg

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Great. First two had me at hello, but then I'm partial.
All in, what I hear has some great influences but from what I can tell, at the end of the day... I hear Jeff.
Jeff's work, Jeff's talent, Jeff's heart. I shall be purchasing.

g.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Jeff, "The Barrens" came in today's mail. I've been playing it all day. Very nice! On a different note, went fishing last week and caught the biggest Pick I've caught in a long time (at my secret hole). Good fishing, good music, life is good! Congrat's on a very enjoyable record.
Greg

Reactions: Lost Town Hunter

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Jeff, "The Barrens" came in today's mail. I've been playing it all day. Very nice! On a different note, went fishing last week and caught the biggest Pick I've caught in a long time (at my secret hole). Good fishing, good music, life is good! Congrat's on a very enjoyable record.
Greg

thanks Greg. Glad you are enjoying the album. How big was the pick?

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
thanks Greg. Glad you are enjoying the album. How big was the pick?

Yes, it's 2:30AM, can't sleep. Jeff, the Pick was about 3-1/2 pounds. I released it (usually do). It was just great to be on cedar water in the spring. I wanted to swim, but the water was just a bit too cold (and my wimpy brother Tom wouldn't let me). I also caught one that was about 6" long. When I set the hook it was so small that it flew out of the water and over the boat. We almost tipped over we were laughing so hard. Tom and I certainly enjoy ourselves in the pines. Hope to see you on the water some day.
Greg

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I got a copy of Jeff's CD the other day. I listened to it during my commute back and forth from Princeton today. It was REALLY good. Reminded me a lot of Steve Howe's solo guitar tracks with Yes.

Reactions: piker56

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Great. First two had me at hello, but then I'm partial.
All in, what I hear has some great influences but from what I can tell, at the end of the day... I hear Jeff.
Jeff's work, Jeff's talent, Jeff's heart. I shall be purchasing.

g.

The first 2 songs had me in the mellow zone. The 3rd made me jump out of my seat! Been listening ever since.
Greg

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Yes, it's 2:30AM, can't sleep. Jeff, the Pick was about 3-1/2 pounds. I released it (usually do). It was just great to be on cedar water in the spring. I wanted to swim, but the water was just a bit too cold (and my wimpy brother Tom wouldn't let me). I also caught one that was about 6" long. When I set the hook it was so small that it flew out of the water and over the boat. We almost tipped over we were laughing so hard. Tom and I certainly enjoy ourselves in the pines. Hope to see you on the water some day.
Greg

I envy you that you and your brother spend such quality time together. I miss fishing with my brother, I wished he lived closer. Although, last time we were fishing he almost took my eye out with a spinner....Anyway, that is a nice pickerel. It is funny because pickerel almost always seem to go by inches whereas bass go by pounds when discussing size, in my experience.

There is one pickerel that I know, huge, the stuff of legends. He is near a bridge in an alkward spot and I've never been able to land him. He snaps my line everytime. I have been meaning to go after him with a special rig but never have. There is a bit of preparation to fish this particular spot. That was over five years ago, I wonder if he is still there. I got him half way out once and I remember thinking he could be a record breaker. One thing I can tell you, he broke 8lbs test with no leverage like it was nothing.

Jeff

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I got a copy of Jeff's CD the other day. I listened to it during my commute back and forth from Princeton today. It was REALLY good. Reminded me a lot of Steve Howe's solo guitar tracks with Yes.

thanks Ben,
It didn't occur to me before but I can see the comparison with Steve Howe's work.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
It is funny because pickerel almost always seem to go by inches whereas bass go by pounds when discussing size, in my experience.

I agree, Jeff. Back in '83, my buddy caught one that he was so proud of that was 24". For kicks I said, "let's weigh him" ...5lbs 2oz. While dredging Killdeer Lake in Medford that same year, we, unfortunately, found one floating by the boom one morning that was 25", without the tail. A real monster! We've always registered pic by length.

John-

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I envy you that you and your brother spend such quality time together. I miss fishing with my brother, I wished he lived closer. Although, last time we were fishing he almost took my eye out with a spinner....Anyway, that is a nice pickerel. It is funny because pickerel almost always seem to go by inches whereas bass go by pounds when discussing size, in my experience.

There is one pickerel that I know, huge, the stuff of legends. He is near a bridge in an alkward spot and I've never been able to land him. He snaps my line everytime. I have been meaning to go after him with a special rig but never have. There is a bit of preparation to fish this particular spot. That was over five years ago, I wonder if he is still there. I got him half way out once and I remember thinking he could be a record breaker. One thing I can tell you, he broke 8lbs test with no leverage like it was nothing.

Jeff
Jeff, Tom and I certainly enjoy our time together on the trails and streams of the pines. I also know of an ancient Pickerel that I've seen but have not been able to catch. It looked huge. Also, my friend Ed (who I won't fish with anymore!) hooked me with a red devil spoon. Tom and I bust each other, but at least he doesn't try to hook me. :)

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Beautiful, enchanting songs, Jeff! My favorite is Jack's Song (how'd you guess?), followed by the Owl & Moon, but in another genre altogether, the classical pieces are brilliant. I admire your versatility! Had to get one for my son, too. Thanks so much for putting this together and making it available.