The barriers have been removed

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Was hoping to get in some camping soon, hopefully soon.
1588419883885.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We headed out early today and spent some time in Ocean County in the woods. Then headed to the Parker Preseve in a remote spot looking for snakes. We saw only a yellow bladderwort. The parking area at Chatsworth Lake when we passed was filling up and they were parked out on the road.

We then looked for early lady slippers near Apple Pie Hill and then visited the ruins by the hill. Someone set the siren off while we were there. Anyway, the Lilly of the Valley is growing nicely there at the ruins. If anyone wants something to do you may want to check them out. Then return every few weeks on their progress.

Then we visited the Junior Mechanics cemetery but decided to leave when an elderly man was asking who I was looking for. I did not want to get near him or him near me because he looked pretty frail.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Check this out. 20 minutes ago and the governor is on the TV now saying he will close them again if the knuckleheads don't social distance in the state parks.

wharton.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It didn't take long :rolleyes:

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
Hopefully they (the state) won't over-react. I was at Bass River SF. Yes there were a lot of people. The weather was perfect and it was a weekend and the first day open, so of course there were a lot of people. Everyone I saw was behaving properly. Several people told me (talking at a distance, of course) how important it was for them to get back out there and how happy / relieved they were. Next few days looks like rain so crowding should be a lot less of a problem.

Meanwhile the hiking trails are messy - 2 high wind storms with none of the trail crews allowed in to clean up. It's going to take some time to clear them.

Reactions: Teegate

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
From what I have been reading it was a total mess at IBSP; folks running thru the dunes, folks driving on the beach with no permits and getting stuck.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea, I only go out in the morning and was on my way out before noon. I did not want to have to deal with everything that went on out there today. I see Chatsworth was packed and Batsto was worse than before with cars all the way to the fire tower and down Washington Turnpike.