The downward spiral continues.....

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
I think unfortunately we will be seeing much of the "furlough" word. I work for a large global company on the research side of things and an email was sent out today of a similar plan being considered. The bottom is still a considerable way off in my opinion and we all just have to keep our fingers crossed that we can ride this out.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Man I love to speak my mind on Corzine! But this is a great page. Why doesn't Corzine take a year of no pay. He is ultra rich,his girlfriends house was pay for by everyone on this forum.Come on Jon show us :mad:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Two day furlough is, at best, a symbolic gesture. What is needed are much deeper and more painful cuts to the state budget. Have you seen what's happening in California?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gVKofKbtJ2gCh_9py0AYsipjglpAD96DF7V80

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — After a frustrating holiday weekend that failed to yield the one vote needed to end California's budget stalemate, the state is poised to begin layoff proceedings Tuesday for 20,000 government workers.

In addition to the layoffs, the state also plans to halt all remaining public works projects, potentially putting thousands of construction workers out of jobs.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Man I love to speak my mind on Corzine! But this is a great page. Why doesn't Corzine take a year of no pay. He is ultra rich,his girlfriends house was pay for by everyone on this forum.Come on Jon show us :mad:

He already does, has been that way since he took office. Probably the only good thing he has done. CA governor and JFK are the only other ones I can recall doing that. Would be nice if Obama & Congress set an example and did the same, doubt that will happen though.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
Government, et al, will have to drastically change (shrink) as the tax revenue they depend on fall off precipitously. Inventing new taxes or increasing existing ones to make up the shortfalls will only exacerbate the problems for J6P. What if the states had all the money we send to the federal govt.? NJ would be pretty damn well off.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Government, et al, will have to drastically change (shrink) as the tax revenue they depend on fall off precipitously. Inventing new taxes or increasing existing ones to make up the shortfalls will only exacerbate the problems for J6P. What if the states had all the money we send to the federal govt.? NJ would be pretty damn well off.

Well, I don't think that will happen anytime soon. You, me and the other guy now owe over $10 trillion to the govt, with more to come it seems. I doubt we'll be getting a write off. The scary part is what will our kids experience? The country of Iceland already went belly up.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Hope this doesn't eventually mess with my pension that I pay into weekly. Some people worry about social security disappearing, but I dont think the FED will allow everyone to live and die in the streets. Its pension funds that concern me. I agree with the post that said Corzine should work for free if he's so concerned about the people of his state.. He's loaded, but this really cant be blamed on him. Christie Whitman took cash from a lot of people's pension funds to get out of debt when she was really just creating more, and now look at her.. living on a stupid nursery farm and doesnt even pay NJ property taxes because of it (talk about knowing how to work the govt). How about Bush announcing publicly his net worth was about $760,000 (or that vacinity) before he took office, and the creep just bought a 4.5 million dollar home recently!! Wonder how many off-shore accounts that came from. Are there really any politicians that giva a sh#t?!?