The Fox

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Foxy's get together

So I went to Foxy's party tonight. Mind you I've seen some craziness there yet all was very sedate this eve' with a somewhat eclectic mix of folk.
Nothing like the old days. Anyhoo, when it came time for all to sing happy birthday to Foxy I gladly joined in but even with others taking a pic or two on their cell phones, it just didn't feel right for me to save that image in any other way than my simple memory. I now know her age proper and will keep it with me out of respect. She's tired now, and it shows. I wish her well.
I mentioned John and his visit and her eyes LIT UP! It really was a treat for her to share a drink with you John, you did her a wonderful justice and she was thankful for it. I promised her I would do my best to send others and sway the fear of "The Fox" so that folks might enjoy a nice little stop along the way to wherever.
For my efforts and two 50/50 Tix, I won (2) FOX shirts, the last of which ever to be made I am told from 2008...
(No 2009 folks). Kinda cool to have.
A simple design yet, one day, soon, a remnant of a forgotten place on the outskirts of the Pines.
FOX_BACK.JPG

FOX_FRONT.JPG

G'Nite all.

g.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Glad you got a chance to make to the Fox, g-. Represent. You even got a couple of autographed shirts for your troubles! I was gonna come down when I got home around 11pm, but I was too tired. You were probably fixin' to leave around then, anyway. Glad you had a good time. I'll be going back in the near future.

John-

HammontonChick66

Sep 28, 2010
Correction to some of LARGO's info. Foxy (nee Sloma not Soloma) and her husband Charlie opened the lounge/restaurant earlier than 1959. She lies about the date so no one can figure out her real age (85). All the old time locals know the REAL opening date but most of them are gone, and alot will not go in there anymore (they have their reasons). She's a tough old bird but many good times were had there. Not recently but in the old days it was a hoot!! The cabins on either side were built to accommodate patrons who were overserved but they were never finished. Charlie's unexpected illness and death caused alot of things to remain unfinished, and afterwards alot of things fell in disrepair. She had a guy there who kept up with repairs and helped her keep up the place, but they parted ways as far as I can tell. Oh well, you can't go back and I can't stand the place now. Should have been there years ago. Lots of fun

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
The place will be on the upswing again! I started up the happy hour again. Foxy is still sitting at the bar every night. The place is being redone without losing any of the original charm. It is an awesome place to hang out and the kitchen will be redone soon..... Trust me, it is worth the visit!