The MAP is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Actually, on reflection, you can have your forum the way you want it. You can all speak to each other without dissenting voices. Not sure how to do this but remove me from the forum Boyd. Thanks.

We like civil debate and discussion here, Jon. This is not the first time that this particular debate has triggered an emotional outburst from you. If you can't keep your composure during a disagreement, then I'd suggest simply refraining from participating in such discussions. Would be a shame were you to leave, as I know many here value your photography. Remember, we are here because we share of a love for the Pines.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
We like civil debate and discussion here, Jon. This is not the first time that this particular debate has triggered an emotional outburst from you. If you can't keep your composure during a disagreement, then I'd suggest simply refraining from participating in such discussions. Would be a shame were you to leave, as I know many here value your photography. Remember, we are here because we share of a love for the Pines.
With all due respect, I've had enough of the passive aggressive horseshit on this forum. Controlled by regressive PBXers who "like" posts by morons. I don't belong here. I have a different world view than the rest of you. Civil debate and discussion is laughable. The only PBXer's who I truly respect and like are Scott, Al and John, and I am certain they don't share my politics. Boyd, remove me.

Scroggy

Scout
Jul 5, 2022
Delaware
We like civil debate and discussion here, Jon.
If that was true, Tony would have been banned when he called Jon a liar for recounting a story of what happened on his (Jon's) own property.

Anyone can look at Tony's post history and see that he doesn't have anything useful to say on these boards, and furthermore, he's already said it. I know it's hard being a volunteer moderator, especially in a community where we don't usually have to ban people, but the mods need to show some character and show Tony the door, even though he's on their side of the MAP question.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
If that was true, Tony would have been banned when he called Jon a liar for recounting a story of what happened on his (Jon's) own property.

Anyone can look at Tony's post history and see that he doesn't have anything useful to say on these boards, and furthermore, he's already said it. I know it's hard being a volunteer moderator, especially in a community where we don't usually have to ban people, but the mods need to show some character and show Tony the door, even though he's on their side of the MAP question.
My last act will be to give you a thumbs up Scroggy. But the PBX is a clique. It is not hard to be a moderator if you have an open mind. Guy and Bob generate the majority of the posts, and they should, since they have a vast storehouse of Pine Barrens knowledge. Bat apparently they (and Ben) aren't smart to disagree with, and sanction, one issue assholes. Anyway, thanks for the help. But I'm out. Take me down Boyd.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway

I agree about Tony. The vast majority of people here here engage in civil debate, if they engage in debate at all. Tony and Jon are exceptions to that rule.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Jon,

You wrote: "You can all speak to each other without dissenting voices."

You also wrote: "I don't belong here. I have a different world view than the rest of you."

Sounds like you are the one who wants an echo chamber without dissenting voices.

Reactions: TommyP
Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
My last act will be to give you a thumbs up Scroggy. But the PBX is a clique. It is not hard to be a moderator if you have an open mind. Guy and Bob generate the majority of the posts, and they should, since they have a vast storehouse of Pine Barrens knowledge. Bat apparently they (and Ben) aren't smart to disagree with, and sanction, one issue assholes. Anyway, thanks for the help. But I'm out. Take me down Boyd.
As a member of PBX, I can assure that we have a healthy diversity of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.