The Map & The Commission

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I think many people are in for a rude awakening soon.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Can't read the article without answering a survey or subscribing. No thanks. If it says that the state is getting ready to implement a new plan similar to the old one, then it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
This is just a reminder that continued vigilance is required. Although, the for a Carol Comengo piece, it was actually surprisingly unbiased. Maybe she took a look at it with a fresh set of eyes after all the backlash they received over her previous one sided pieces.

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
Can someone summarize the article in a sentence or two?
  • Some sort of "plan" is still required
  • Apologizes for not engaging stakeholders and that feedback is being considered
  • No timeline for new plan
  • No closures mentioned, but enforcement and technology was mentioned.
  • Said the first plan was the result of that fire truck getting stuck (which is hog wash, it was hatched long before that)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
  • Said the first plan was the result of that fire truck getting stuck (which is hog wash, it was hatched long before that)

I wonder who told them that?

Boyd, you don't have to take the survey, just choose the bottom one which lets you ignore it. Most of the time.

The Lebanon Super was at the November 5 meeting so I suspect that will be next or they may even roll it out with Wharton.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I think the biggest point taken from that article is that the PPA is still pressuring the DEP to close the roads
And now their pressuring the Pinelands Commission as well.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
OK, I saw it, thanks Guy!

The biggest point I saw in that article was that they had the authority to close whatever they want, whenever they want.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
The biggest point I got from reading is the statement: "millions of dollars and thousands of acres".
Yea I'm on the same page as you. Show me a number on how much the DEP has spent to remediate these damaged areas. I want to see them fixed but if nothing was done then there was no expense to the taxpayers. The failed MAP plan cost us much more.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I just don't think people realize how much that plan has cost us. We only know a fraction of what really has been spent and what we know is disturbing. Every single employee of the DEP you can be sure of has spent some time working on or have been effected in some way with this plan and the wages right there are loathsome. They should be required before any plan like this comes out to show us how much it cost or potentially is going to cost.