The Passing of Y Buc Bill

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Sorry to hear of Bills passing, I enjoyed his posts. You were lucky to have a friend who shared so much in common. BTW, do you know the origin for his Y BUC name? RIP

The Y Buc nickname was from his deer hunting friends at Retreat. I don't remember the exact details although he did explain it to me once. A Y buck is a deer with two points on each side but not having brow tines.
See the example in the link below:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ca/c6/60/cac660493179e4a1d7b04bd7fa45adfc.jpg

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Been reading thru some old posts from Bill. His posts always just took you back and its nice to have all of it documented in this site. This screenshot is a good one when the forum software switched and it called him a new member, I didnt know him (wish I had) but his pride really shows here. People from that era (like my grandparents) had such tremendous pride, its something this country has lost.

Attachments

• E3DC9BC3-A6C9-457E-8E63-790687D49DAC.png
    E3DC9BC3-A6C9-457E-8E63-790687D49DAC.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 193

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
He had quite a life, his way. Scott, do you know Andy Drysdale? I carpooled with him to Princeton for years in the 80's. I think I remember him mentioning the Square Circle Sportsmen club. He was a bow hunter.

Yes, I know Andy very well. I was sighting in at the club a few weeks before PA deer season and he was there doing the same. He used to come out every week with his friend Bill Andrews. Bill Andrews is related to Piney Warden on this site and a member of Moore Deer Club.

Andy and Bill Andrews were members of our Board of Directors for many years. I am entering my twelfth year on the Board and I learned a lot from Andy and Bill Andrews.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Been reading thru some old posts from Bill. His posts always just took you back and its nice to have all of it documented in this site. This screenshot is a good one when the forum software switched and it called him a new member, I didnt know him (wish I had) but his pride really shows here. People from that era (like my grandparents) had such tremendous pride, its something this country has lost.
You are correct.
Bill always had interesting historic footnotes to add to any conversation regarding Wharton. My favorite was how he used to have to secure a hunting permit each year from Leeson Small who was the caretaker of Wharton's estate before the State purchased it !

Last edited:
Reactions: dragoncjo