The stewards of Wharton

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
But you have to wear this silly uniform when volunteering.

environmentalist-clipart-13035-Environmentalist-Man-Wearing-A-Green-Cape-And-Uniform-With-The-Globe-On-His-Shirt-Clipart-Illustration.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Maybe the Stewardship Coordinator could share what this is all about.

Does it matter? I for one don't believe any propaganda from him. A bigger question is if Parks & Forests is onboard with this. Perhaps questions should be directed to Texel and Martin. Lately they have been drifting from their primary responsibilities by allowing questionable decisions by individual park managers. As a few recent examples; the MAP fiasco, selling liquor in a state park and allowing visiting school groups to swim in areas without lifeguards. Someone higher-up is asleep at the wheel, or worse.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
Does it matter? I for one don't believe any propaganda from him. A bigger question is if Parks & Forests is onboard with this. Perhaps questions should be directed to Texel and Martin. Lately they have been drifting from their primary responsibilities by allowing questionable decisions by individual park managers. As a few recent examples; the MAP fiasco, selling liquor in a state park and allowing visiting school groups to swim in areas without lifeguards. Someone higher-up is asleep at the wheel, or worse.
I agree someone needs to look at this

Tony

Scout
Jul 30, 2015
Folsom
They are going to lie to the people about how the Wharton is still being destroy and that the cops are not doing
Their job. Also that the fines should be higher.

Reactions: mowergod

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
All kidding aside. Education of ORV abuse and invasive plants is a good thing. The more people are aware the better. Having a 2 hour meeting and giving entitlement to the attendees of being a Stewart of the forest on public land is not. If it is no more then reporting issues to the REAL stewards then I have no problem.Beyond that I have serious issues. On our public land everything has to go through the state first.
Maybe I should give a 2 hour seminar on the benefits of fire in the pines and upon completion the attendees can perform control burns as they see fit. I know that sounds crazy but no more so then a nonprofit organization declaring that they will provide stewards on public land to employ their agenda.