Thick Hole

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Another place that just popped up that neither I or my friend who are both native Millbillies have heard of is North Newark.You'd think any place part of Millville would be South Newark but Wikipedia says North Newark is in Millville. Any one out there know where such place is?

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Manumuskin,

That is a tricky one! I haven't been able to nail North Newark down yet, but have three potential candidates:

1) Is it associated with Newcombtown—Bears Head trail? But that place already has a name:

2) An article from the Atlantic City Press, In Cumberland 'Mystery' Towns Abound (Merkoski 1974: B1,2, 2-17-74) has it with a question mark about here, site of an old charcoal settlement (although my gut wants to move it a little to the NE)—Hance Bridge & Souders Mill trails:

3) Then there is the Peachy tract that reputedly had a church and cemetery about where the Burger King is—Horse Bridge and Old Egg Harbor trails:

S-M

Last edited:

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
Another place that just popped up that neither I or my friend who are both native Millbillies have heard of is North Newark.You'd think any place part of Millville would be South Newark but Wikipedia says North Newark is in Millville. Any one out there know where such place is?

I'm thinking North Newark is north of Newark, Delaware.

I'll have to see what I can, but I have my doubts they remain after 14 years with all the development around it.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.810631151635555&lng=-75.0206272481874&z=15&type=topo&gpx=

The latest state report I could find that mentions it, is their 2005 Management of Wild Trout paper.

Fellow at Lines in the Pines who was involved had a book about it this year that he was selling. He made it sound fascinating. I haven't gotten to it yet, but we'll see if the book is as interesting as him talking was.

masonsrun-e1546287324903.jpg