Things you find while driving around....

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Not driving but kayaking.
IMG_0002.JPG

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
My nephew saw these while driving from Harris/Pine Crest Station towards Batona Camp. He was travelling SW with the RR Tracks on his left. They followed the road for awhile then broke off to the NW thru the woods. Any ideas? Rogue trail markers?

31077.jpeg31081.jpeg31089.jpeg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ask him if he was still close to Pine Crest or further towards Batona Camp. There is a clue in one of the photos that interests me.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Okay. Notice the old blazes in this photo. Three blazes like that is a sure sign of surveying. There is one private piece close to Pine Crest but nothing closer to Batona. I will check it out in the coming weeks.

31077a.jpg

openwoods

Apr 22, 2013
Gun Club line? I saw similar trees blazed (then spray painted yellow) in that area but closer to the headwaters of Skit Branch. Probably one of the Gun Clubs on Route 532?

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Gun Club line? I saw similar trees blazed (then spray painted yellow) in that area but closer to the headwaters of Skit Branch. Probably one of the Gun Clubs on Route 532?
This is what I was told, but they are all over the woods everywhere, not just in one particular area. After the sap runs and dries, they are usually painted blue, but I have seen yellow, white, red, and green but blue seems to be the preferred color. We determined that one slash is the run, 2 slashes are a turn and 3 slashes are an end, but this is speculation. They are deer drive lines?

openwoods

Apr 22, 2013
There are alot of Gun Club lines in that area that were recently cut this past February/March. Most of the lines were old lines that were blazed (then spray painted yellow). I saw some new lines also that weren't there before. I'm guessing one of the Gun Clubs on Route 532. There are 2 of them that still drive deer during 6-day firearm season.