Fall colors. Near Wells Mills off 532.

3989810374_5a914ae62e_b.jpg

3989809952_a157ae9f36.jpg

Full

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Great pics Largo. I have been going there allot lately. It is absolutely teeming with life.
I put together a small compilation with some bits of video. You can see my camera slowly sink on the second shot. I recorded some video and used the sound to add natural sounds to it, although they all don't match up to the scenes.

Wow, just wow.
That is fantastic work dude! Of course I am a little biased of some of the surroundings. You made some very nice shorts there!

g.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
That second shot is awesome! So crystal clear. At first glance, one might think it's not a reflection. The "fish-eye" effect and ripple on the water make for a great photo. Thanx for sharing.

John-

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice video and photo's. I could hear the A10s at the end of your video. We saw them fly over near the canal yesterday and I took a long distance photo of them. I tried to post the photo multiple times and it keeps coming up forbidden. I guess Uncle Sam made his way into my camera :)

Thank for posting them.

Guy

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Ha, read this about 2 minutes after replacing my Halloween avatar. Tis the season. Small game started Saturday. Nice shots (no pun).

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
Those are color shots, btw...

...and yes hard not to tell small game season opened. The amount of trash and general human abuse is INTOLLERABLE after only three days! Dead ducks left in parking lot, human feces in parking lot, shooting trees for no reason, ammo boxes left as wind blown trash... just a pathetic display of humanity on all fronts. <end rant>

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Those are color shots, btw...

...and yes hard not to tell small game season opened. The amount of trash and general human abuse is INTOLLERABLE after only three days! Dead ducks left in parking lot, human feces in parking lot, shooting trees for no reason, ammo boxes left as wind blown trash... just a pathetic display of humanity on all fronts. <end rant>

While I agree with you 100% about some of the slobs out there, please do not think all hunters are like this. There always a few buttholes in any crowd. I make it a point to clean trash everywhere I fish and hunt and know many others who do the same. We do seem to be moving backwords though, but I dont want to get into the politics of this country and how overcrowded it is.

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Pancoast, those are some awesome shots and video!! Thank you for sharing. I do have a question for you. Did you shoot the video with the D90?? Reason I ask is because I also have a D90 but haven't used the video on it yet.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
While I agree with you 100% about some of the slobs out there, please do not think all hunters are like this. There always a few buttholes in any crowd. I make it a point to clean trash everywhere I fish and hunt and know many others who do the same. We do seem to be moving backwords though, but I dont want to get into the politics of this country and how overcrowded it is.

I understand and I would not lump people together like that. I am pro hunting and pro gun but there are some real losers out there.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
They should teach more environment-friendly classes to kids in school so they dont grow up taking everything outdoors for granted.

They already stress this over and over during the hunter education program. Having respect for the land and landowner. The whole "hunting is a privilege not a right" attitude. I reckon some people just don't get it. It's a real shame.

John-