Tick sighting

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
!&*@$%&*!! Unbelievable

14 Degrees here in Pestletown and this eve' when I came home and gave the cat a lookee see... a big fat tick livin' large.
Man, these things seem to get more durable rather than go away for the winter. When I pulled him off, cursing his very existance, I swear I heard him laughing and saw him flip me the bird, till he was wrapped up in Scotch tape and trashcan bound.

g.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
12 degrees at my house right now! I was just thinking that would probably get rid of the little bastards, but it's supposed to be 60 by next Tuesday so they might still be with us for awhile.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
60 + degrees yesterday and I had the great fortune to have a half day at work. I spent a few hours in the woods and didn't pick up any unwanted critters (ticks, chiggers, etc...). Just in case, though, I had my lint remover with me, I think I got that idea from Teegate (thanks). All in all, it was a really nice afternoon in the woods.

Greg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I was out on Sunday near my home going through heavy underbrush and noticed one of the little critters on my pants. I just brushed him off. Like the others I've seen, he seemed to be in a daze and I don't think he could have found his way to any exposed skin.

Going out this afternoon again and it's supposed to be really warm. Am freshening up the permethrin spray on my pants just in case since I'm sure they'll be out there today.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
This past Friday I was at the wildlife refuge at Brigantine. It was still cold so I hiked through all kinds of brush and high grass and didn't give it a thought. I'm not sure I would do it today, though with the warm weather.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
The last time I got into a cedar swamp, before I started using Permanone, I drove an hour home and pulled 11 of them off me. Itched for weeks. Does that make me hardcore?

Or stupid?

If you can't stand ticks and still go into the woods, I say you're hardcore.
I personally hate mosquitos more than ticks but I really hate putting chemicals on my body and clothing that even a tick is smart enough to stay away from.:jeffd: