To save a Mockingbird!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

We have a Mockingbird's nest in our yard and today they pushed the little one's out. Mom is going crazy trying to keep watch over them so she is keeping them on our back step. One of them is smaller than the other two and is quite friendly, so I could not resist getting to know the little one. This is not using a zoom.

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/~teegate/IMG_2276.jpg

We have a ton of cats around here so we are on the lookout for uninvited guests on our step. Mom seems to not want to help this one out and does not seemed concerned that we are near it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They are really noisy. I can hear them now out back.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Not as cute as

DSCF0007.sized.jpg

DSCF0011.sized.jpg

I am going to break this page by posting these pictures. Oh well. :)

B

bach2yoga

I love them! What cool pets! But I think my kitty would like them too much....
We kept a box turtle overnight last week for observation that my sister found in her garage, then released it. Willow (the kitty) did not move from the turtle's tank the entire time.
For some reason she doesn't bother the tadpole, fish or newt though.
We have some pileated woodpecker babies outside that are adorable, and also very noisy.
Renee

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I have two cats as well as the doves - they get along okay. One of the cats is afraid of the birds, and the other knows not to go in the room that I keep the dove in when they are out.

J

JeffD

bruset said:
More pics?

Bird Bath - when they bathe, they flap around and raise their wings so they can lean over and get more water on their backs

Privacy Please!

Tired

The cat who is afraid of the birds

:lol: Good one, Ben. And doves are one of my favorite birds. I like to listen to them in the morning. Very soothing. Much more preferable than rap. :wink: That cat better leave those birds alone!

The other day I saw a bird narrowly escape the clutches of a cat. The cat had it between it's paws but somehow the bird worked free and flew off. I could have sworn I heard the cat say "sh-t! Go bird!