Today

B

bach2yoga

Should work now, sorry. The default is set to private.
Renee

B

bach2yoga

Ah, wondered who would ask about those! All of the Jewish cemeteries we found were like that. Each time someone visits the grave, they leave a stone to show they have been there. So the graves with a lot of stones have been visited frequently. The holocaust circle caused me to give pause. The circle was marked with the names of each concentration camp, and there were bricks lining the inner circle, each with the name of a holocaust survivor. The were recessed into the wall, so there were also smaller pebbles set on some of those as well.
Renee

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
HI RENEE...........THAT DOES SOUND LIKE AN INTERESTING TRIP...........JUST A SIDENOTE ON THAT CUSTOM...............AT THE SITE OF THOREAUS HUT IN CONCORD MASS,AT WALDEN POND, EACH VISITOR THROWS A ROCK ON........THE PILE IS QUITE LARGE BY NOW...........THOREAU WAS MY HERO............ALMOST DUPLICATED HIS LIFE,EXCEPT I DID GET MARRIED...........EVEN OLD HENRY DAVID ADMITTED HIS CHOSEN LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPOSSIBLE FOR A MARRIED MAN.........AND DONT WE MARRIED MEN KNOW IT..........PRESS ON BRAVE HEART, KARL

B

bach2yoga

KARL said:
HI RENEE...........THAT DOES SOUND LIKE AN INTERESTING TRIP...........JUST A SIDENOTE ON THAT CUSTOM...............AT THE SITE OF THOREAUS HUT IN CONCORD MASS,AT WALDEN POND, EACH VISITOR THROWS A ROCK ON........THE PILE IS QUITE LARGE BY NOW...........THOREAU WAS MY HERO............ALMOST DUPLICATED HIS LIFE,EXCEPT I DID GET MARRIED...........EVEN OLD HENRY DAVID ADMITTED HIS CHOSEN LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPOSSIBLE FOR A MARRIED MAN.........AND DONT WE MARRIED MEN KNOW IT..........PRESS ON BRAVE HEART, KARL

Also impossible for married women. :wink:

Guess you know Thoreau is one of my heroes too, by my signature line:
I enter a swamp as a sacred place. --Henry David Thoreau

Renee