Trip Report - Oswego Back 40

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Being a geek, I was thinking about this, and what could have had such large, stout bones. And the skull with a big forehead. Anyone ever heard of feral hogs wandering the pines?

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I have heard of that. In one of the Jersey Devil books there is a reference to a feral hog I believe. In one of my earliest memories of Chatsworth , I was driving down 563 about where the white horse road comes off of it and what looked like a wild boar ran across the road. I was with my wife (then girlfriend) and we were like, "that was weird".

RMICKLE

Scout
Oct 3, 2005
Carson City, NV
Hello All,

Now that it’s hiking season again (at least for me :)), I’d like to take some pictures of the bones and post them here to try and find out what they are from.

If anyone has a saved waypoint of the bones or a gpx file with a track they would want to share, it would be much appreciated. Just PM me. I’d like to make the hay pile as small as possible so I can find the needle.

Thanks,
Roy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I just checked the waypoints I downloaded from my GPS right after the hike, and also my photo records, and I do not have the coordinates. The only thing I have is a photo of Bob with them.

Sorry.

Guy