Tuckerton RR Right of Way in Lacey

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
FYI, all of the poles on "The Pole Road" as Guy likes to call it are now marked with "No Trespassing" signs. Also, the way to Lacey Rd from the right of way is blocked by a VERY strong gate.

My friend and I decided to do some really late night exploring in the FRM's, so we were cruising around the trail at around 3-4 AM. Coming back from Lacey Rd. we saw headlights approaching fast, most likely the police. We ducked down a trail that eventually lead us back towards the mountains and eventually the road that takes you to 539.

The view from on top of the mountains at night isn't all that hot. I couldn't find Barnegat light at all. We did see some falling stars though. The night was really clear.

bunnymom3

Explorer
Sep 27, 2003
Waretown
www.geocities.com
Can you see Barnegat Light from the Mountain? I live right around the corner from the dock in Barnegat, across the bay from Barnegat Light and it's hard to see.

I can't believe all the woods riding we all did growing up around here and I've never been to the mountain. I have to get out there very soon.

Nykki

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes you can see the lighthouse from there. Here is a photo I took from there in the mid 70's. You can see it clearly. Now there is a possibility that this photo is mirrored improperly. I scanned it from a slide and some of them are wrong.

The photo was taken with a 440mm zoom so it looks much closer than it really is.

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/~teegate/light.jpg

Guy