Tuesday with Alfie

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Oji
my oji was a real funny guy.I'm sure if he still be here he'd have a joke about the turkey sammich too.
He was a preacher and I once saw him in full fire breathing sermon shoot his fals teach across the pulpit and over the altar.For once the joke was on him and the whole congregation had a ball with it.Only time I ever saw him blush:)
Al

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
is that last pic the bridgeton zoo? looks familiar
Alfie

Yup.
toothless-toothless-tooth-teeth-smiley-emoticon-000666-large.gif

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
M & W,
You continue to amaze. I am saddened that M opted out of our Pic feast and the Lines gig.
Whip... keep it coming. You've got a some hard ass competiton on the site but damn man, your heart's in the right place.

g.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
IMG_3412-1.jpg

A pleasantly plumper Alfie and fit Whip reintroduced themselves to each other today and recklessly tripped their way around the Skit Branch and Wading River areas. Fret not, Alfie will eventually get himself in shape, as several summer stomps have been planned. It will help if Alfie stirs up a few more wasp nests, as he succeeded in doing today. Three bees actually managed to catch up to him. "Yowls" and "Ows" were heard miles away. Alfie never stopped running until he found a nice slop of mud to dive into, headfirst.

IMG_3478.jpg

post stinging

I've since been criticized for not coming to my friend's aid, but once I saw an Alfie-attacking bee, and the swarm he'd carelessly disturbed, I fled in the opposite direction. Fast.

Some of the day's takes.

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

stereo GPS navigation

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

toady near the roady

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Good shots Whip. I like the 8th from the bottom best. It speaks of exploring. I want to jump in the photo and follow Al.

Al was lucky he was stung by a bee and not bitten by this, found by a friend in Double Trouble today. They can draw blood.

Dobsonfly.jpg

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
They can draw blood

Looks like it could take off a finger!

My friend had one land on his neck and got bit when he went to brush it away.

What is it? Ant lion?

As always awesome pictures Whip.

Chris

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have witnessed Al run from ants, and I would have paid to see him run from the bees :D

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I actually didn't dive I fell,three times in 50 yeards.do you know the fear it causes when you know you are being pursued by a swarm of angry wasps and your stuck and can't move? Yes I am skeered of large swarms of "far ain'ts" too.These piddlin little sissy aint's we have around here are nothing to compare with them but just the fact that I have my arse lit up several times by the fire type has me aint shy here in jersey also.The place where this wasp nest was was a wet open spagnum swamp along skit branch.I don't know how they can build a nest down in the mud at water level like that.the last time i got hit was in a dry swamp and hte nest was in spagnum also but the water table was out of sight.I would avoid swamps now but I loves them too much.I am looking into body armor now.
Alfie

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Most interesting to me is the first reflective shot of our adventurous duo.
Its somber colors and those of the snag-tree silhouettes contrast effectively with the luxuriance to follow.

The state forest sign invites contemplation—some tattered history there!

This toad is a handsome fellow, especially with his attractive markings.

And then there are the rivers! From the classic lily set against black-and-silver to the swamp, the sand bar, and the snags, to the idyllic reflections—I find much to ponder. The third from last feels like a lovely mirage, a dream-scene.

Thank you, Whip. And Al too, for triumphing (somewhat loudly?) over waspish adversity.

Glo

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
up the tuck

Last steaming Tuesday, while hiking near First Ave off of Rt. 49, deer flies grabbed us by the shoulders and flew us to the Tuckahoe River; they dumped us in the water. (Alfie made a HUGE splash.) Every time we've tried to exit the stream, the flies have chased us back in.

We're stuck and can't get out.

Not that this is such a bad thing ...

yyIMG_3701_Painting.jpg

fIMG_3741.jpg

cIMG_3737.jpg

bIMG_3760.jpg

dIMG_3710.jpg

aIMG_3793.jpg

eIMG_3719.jpg

gIMG_3756.jpg

hIMG_3770.jpg

iIMG_3735.jpg

kIMG_3775.jpg

lIMG_3758.jpg

nIMG_3736.jpg

jIMG_3746.jpg

aaIMG_3761.jpg

Don't send help.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The first "regular" photo of Al makes him look like he is cold. I thought you said it was steaming??? :)

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Guy
I have a hold of my pack straps in front of me and I'm pulling them together and down trying to jack my pack bottom up and out of the water,makes me look hunched up and cold as you say.the water was actrually cold upon entering and then warm,ed to pleasantly cool once used to it.
Al

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Looks like a fine place in which to submerge on a steaming day; no wonder y'all want to stay there.

What incredible shades of lush green! I like the "painting" and the mass of purple wildflowers (Bob???) and especially the translucent leaf with its elegant structures.

Thank you for going, but please come back!

Glo