Tuesday with Alfie

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
These are lovely vistas; yes, beautiful in every season.
Thank you for the details too: iced-cone and stacked-jade and especially the mystic forest . . .

Memories.

That time was like never, and like always.
So we go there, where nothing is waiting;
we find everything waiting there.

--P. Neruda

Glo

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Tuesday with somebody else

I've fired Alfie. The bum doubled his modeling rate.

gaIMG_1508.jpg

fbIMG_1527.jpg

gbIMG_1514.jpg

faIMG_1511.jpg

fdIMG_1597.jpg

fcIMG_1566.jpg

gcIMG_1521.jpg

feIMG_1601.jpg

gdIMG_1521.jpg

ffIMG_1604.jpg

geIMG_1569.jpg

fgIMG_1605.jpg

gfIMG_1608.jpg

fhIMG_1613.jpg

ggIMG_1609.jpg

fi.jpg

ghIMG_1631.jpg

fjIMG_1642.jpg

giIMG_1635.jpg

Thanks for filling in nicely, Pat. :)

fkIMG_1643.jpg

flIMG_1645.jpg

fmIMG_1647.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It seems to me that "Tuesday with someone else" does not go in the "Tuesday with Alfie" forum. Al is getting a raw deal! If I keep seeing posts in Al's thread without him I may have to take drastic action.

BTW, that last photo is really interesting. Thanks for posting it. Sorry Al, I had to say it.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I thought the high heeled hip waders and the camo capri pants would hold your interest but I see i have failed miserably.I hope you are happy with your replacement,lets see her find you when your gps batteries die and your alone at night with the frogs and the whipoorwills or maybe it will be in the winter with nothing but the hiss of snow and the the boomin of ice somewhere in the distance to lull you into that last hypothermically induced sleep.Guy if he calls you tell him the coords are in the wrong format and to press one for english.
yer on yer own Billy:-(
yer former barrens buddy

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
I thought the high heeled hip waders and the camo capri pants would hold your interest but I see i have failed miserably.I hope you are happy with your replacement,lets see her find you when your gps batteries die and your alone at night with the frogs and the whipoorwills or maybe it will be in the winter with nothing but the hiss of snow and the the boomin of ice somewhere in the distance to lull you into that last hypothermically induced sleep.Guy if he calls you tell him the coords are in the wrong format and to press one for english.
yer on yer own Billy:-(
yer former barrens buddy

Alfreda, you have grown lyrical!
Let's hope that your ever-so-poetic prophecy will soften Whip's heart and cause him to reconsider.
And you--surely you --would forgive and forget. ??
And then we all will :dance:

Glo

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Alfreda, you have grown lyrical!
Let's hope that your ever-so-poetic prophecy will soften Whip's heart and cause him to reconsider.
And you--surely you --would forgive and forget. ??
And then we all will :dance:

Glo

I've been replaced Glo,what can I say.I even offered to shave my legs but he still doesn't care.He siad I'm old news,time to trade me in:-(
Alfreda

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
A so-called drab winter landscape comes alive to the discerning eye: vibrant shades of pines and water, arresting silhouettes, magnificent sky, and a cheerful highlight—DayGlo fungi.

Most poignant: the lone post at the edge of a bog, lapped by waves. A remainder . . . a reminder . . . these Pines are vulnerable to decay and to the enterprises of man. Please, protect them.

Whip, thank you.

Glo

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Makepeace Lake Wildlife Management Area

bcIMG_1755.jpg

Alfie and I made peace, so we traveled to the Makepeace Lake area in celebration, where the madman proceeded to drag me through some of the most miserable territory we have ever explored together.

When the day was over, I refired him.

ahIMG_1682.jpg

axIMG_1733.jpg

ac-5.jpg

adIMG_1670.jpg

aiIMG_1682.jpg

ajIMG_1687.jpg

alIMG_1691.jpg

anIMG_1694.jpg

aqIMG_1706.jpg

arIMG_1712.jpg

asIMG_1717.jpg

atIMG_1719.jpg

auIMG_1720.jpg

avIMG_1721.jpg

awIMG_1727.jpg

ayIMG_1734.jpg

azIMG_1739.jpg

bbIMG_1748.jpg

bdIMG_1757.jpg

bdIMG_1774.jpg

bfIMG_1775.jpg

beIMG_1775.jpg

bgIMG_1781.jpg

bhIMG_1781.jpg

bzIMG_1680.jpg

Thanks for looking ...

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
shoulda wen out today Whip.the snow on the trees is beautiful.
i guess I shoulda fired you when you drug me and my wife down a dried up Mullica river that time but I just didn't have the hart to after you dunker yer camcorder.you found the only puddle of water in the whole river to dunk it in too.
Alfie

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
This collection's richly detailed textures keep bringing me back for another look . . .

Leaves: polished to a sheen and edged with frozen lace.
Bark: rough with scaly plates, or ridged with tarnished silver, or mottled and sapling-smooth.
Fruits: dimpled and leathery-blue.
Fungi in high-rise colonies and single specimens: rotund caps and fascinating porous undersides and delicate pale filaments.

Your trip seems to have been a brutal one, resembling a PBX hike rather than your usual forays!
My thanks to you, Alfie, for the effort it cost—crawling through briars!—and to you, Whip, for your artistry in adversity.

Glo

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
This collection's richly detailed textures keep bringing me back for another look . . .

My thanks to you, Alfie, for the effort it cost—crawling through briars!—and to you, Whip, for your artistry in adversity.

Glo

Thanks, Glo. We spent more time on all-fours on this trip than on any other. My forehead is covered with brier-produced scratches -- looks like I had a battle with my miserable cat, and lost.

Alfie has finally landed a job, so it looks like the Tuesday with Alfie adventures have reached a final chapter. At least we made the best out of his somewhat unfortunate circumstances.

Whip

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Congratulations on the new job Al.

Whip, that last photo is really intriguing. It reminds me of what we might see in Jurassic times. That plant in the photo that only looks as large as the tree in the background appears to be Pennsylvania smartweed, commonly only about 6 dm tall at most. You must have been real low to the ground when you took that photo.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
And that light house, is that right along the maurice river?

Thanks, Andy.

Yes. That's the East Point Lighthouse. It was the last stop of the day. I'd taken a clumsy spill in a Belleplain State Forest stream soon before visiting East Point, so I was extraordinarily frozen when I exposed myself to the sturdy bay breeze. "Hello, Lighthouse! ... shiver, shiver; snap, snap ... Goodbye, Lighthouse!" Thinking I'll revisit soon, when dry, and on a warmer day, spend more time there, and plan a bay sunset.

Bill