Two Wheelin In The Pines ?

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
That was actually me that started this thread when I first joined the site and have logged easily a several hundred miles on weekend rides as a result of the generous information shared. Thanks for allowing the thread to stay alive Chuck.

Bill

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am sorry about the server problem Bill. I really can't help solve this problem, and Ben says he can't either. Why names became switched is beyond me, but technology is obviously not perfect.

Guy

4WheelPaddle

Apr 13, 2009
Netcong, NJ
I've driven hundreds of miles all over the pines in several Jeep Cherokees. I use 2WD most of the time, but I hate turning around, so I can't imagine going anywhere I'm unfamiliar with in a 2 wheel driver. One thing I discovered long ago is when you get to a bad puddle, staying hard to one side or the other almost always works. In a skinny Cherokee that's already scratched up, this is never a problem.
About the puddles - my oldest son used to work for an old Piney. It seems he and his friends would purposely dig out the puddles in their 4WD trucks when they went hunting, to keep too many people from coming into their favorite hunting spots. Also, my youngest son has a lifted Jeep, as do a lot of his friends. He tells me his friends, (not him, he claims), will dig the puddles even deeper to make their 4 wheeling more challenging. I know when you see the puddles without water, there's usually 2 much deeper tracks right in the center. Staying hard to one side has always worked for me. That and 4WD.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
i read this this morning and was waiting to see the first response.

(need the little smiley guy eating popcorn)

First off i think the act of doing it is idiotic, there are holes out there already tore to crap.
second off, why on earth would you post something like that on this forum.
third off I LOVE 2 wheeling crap in 2nd gear letting the mud fly, but protected land is not the place hense the reason i'm still fighting for a "mud park" for the trucks. got the PPA on my side since its well out of the pinelands and about 600 4x4 enthusiasts on my side also local freeholders and the local police department. my goal is to get the guys out of the pinelands and still be able to have fun with anything ranging from a stock 4x4 to a 1200hp race gas burning tractor tire mud truck. Please speak to your son about the image he's portraying.

4WheelPaddle

Apr 13, 2009
Netcong, NJ
It's not my son, but he's told me his friends do it. And it not just kids - the old guy my oldest worked for is in his 70s.
Dave, the thread was about 2 wheel drive in the pines. Why on earth would I not post that on this forum?