U-pull Junkyard in the Pines (Near Tabernacle?)

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
I know I am behind on this conversation....but I didn't see any mention of the junkyard that is located almost at the end of New Road. There are two junkyards on New Road. The last I heard, this one was called Freemans, the owner's first name. This yard is almost at the intersection of Ridge Road and New Road, which is almost at the end, reaching Rt 206. This area is considered Vincentown, not to be mistaken for Browns Mills. My father used to venture to both yards, buying his auto parts for many years.
I had an uncle who actually lived in a shack at Friendship Junkyard.
He at one time owned a donkey which lived with him there. He would talk to the donkey as if it were his best friend. He later got sick and moved to Paradise Lake Campground. He is now in Heaven with his beloved donkey.

Rubibee

Scout
Dec 10, 2002
Moorestown, NJ
suresue592003 said:
I know I am behind on this conversation....but I didn't see any mention of the junkyard that is located.....

Near Atco Raceway. The one where Eddie & The Cruisers were filmed? Is he still open or has he been shut down? It would take YEARS and YEARS to get that placed ever cleaned up. Or maybe they'll just SuperFund the site. Imagine what is under all that stuff...........