Union Forge

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
I went in search of Union Forge and the mansion that Beck discusses. I first went to the wrong former lake and got destroyed by briars. Found the old dam though. Then I went to what I believe was the right area adjacent to the correct lake. I found a very slender cellar hole in the area I believe may have contained the former mansion on the same side of the road as the lake. I didn't expect to find anything more than I did at the other side where he mentions the forge...and didn't...except grass and one (1) partial brick. I wanted to ask if anyone has found substantial remains of the mansion or anything at the downside of the dam area. Thanks.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
This is going to sound really dumb, but which Beck book was this mentioned in? I'd like to give it a quick read.

You're probably better off exploring in the fall/winter when there are less bugs and less briars.

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
It's in the first Beck book somewhere around page 95-96. He mentions the broken down mnsion, former club house (w/ large chimneys), and former furnace site. I thought I'd at least find a prominent cellar hole for the mansion. However, I didn't spend a lot of time at the right location. The damn flies are unbelievable now! Clark's Landing has bee the worst experience asfar as flies so far lately but all around buggy!