Updated Forum Software

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Is there anybody out there using Firefox? Are you getting certificate errors when you come visit the forums?

Something along these lines:

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to forums.njpinebarrens.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
Yes. "This website does not supply identity information. The connection to this website is not fully secure because it contains unencrypted elements (such as images)."

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The Alert flag next to the search field does not highlight or change color when there is a new alert. Without clicking on the alert flag all of the time there is no notification that something is new. Is anyone else missing their alerts because of this? I have not received a "Conversation" message since the new software started and maybe that is working the same way??????

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
It doesn't change color, there's just a little box with a number next to it. I will see what I can do to make it more prominent.

The SSL error seems to be happening because the site is pulling images (the random headers and backgrounds) from common.njpinebarrens.com, which is sort of the central repository for such things that are shared between the various and sundry NJPineBarrens.com sites. I'll see what I can do about it as well.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It doesn't change color, there's just a little box with a number next to it. I will see what I can do to make it more prominent.

The SSL error seems to be happening because the site is pulling images (the random headers and backgrounds) from common.njpinebarrens.com, which is sort of the central repository for such things that are shared between the various and sundry NJPineBarrens.com sites. I'll see what I can do about it as well.

I see you added color. Very nice! Thanks Ben.

Reactions: Ben Ruset

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Okay Ben. So far no problems. I was able to log into my site which usually is a problem after updates.