Upper Oswego

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Is the access right at the lake? Also, I have a 17' canoe so I was wondering how navigible it would be to on this part of the Oswego.

No sub, this is along the road a little bit east of the lake. There is a short road into the woods. I think a 17 footer would be okay. Not the best, but ok.

PS: unless you mean the "regular" access. Yes, that is along the lake road....easy to see. Its right by the road.

Mudtrudger

Feb 4, 2009
Coastal Monmouth
I soloed this section all the way to the dam at the road about 12 years ago in the early part of March. It took me 8 hours of continuous paddling upstream. I had to pull the boat over about 20 logs.

It is the prettiest stretch of water I've paddled in the pines. Once you pass the supports of the Allen Road Bridge, it really gets hard.

I've gone as far as the Allen Road many times, but only the one time all the way to the dam.

It's a tough haul but worth it for the intreped explorer. The water is probably to low in summer, but there are some really interesting plant areas along the way.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I soloed this section all the way to the dam at the road about 12 years ago in the early part of March. It took me 8 hours of continuous paddling upstream. I had to pull the boat over about 20 logs.

It is the prettiest stretch of water I've paddled in the pines. Once you pass the supports of the Allen Road Bridge, it really gets hard.

I've gone as far as the Allen Road many times, but only the one time all the way to the dam.

It's a tough haul but worth it for the intreped explorer. The water is probably to low in summer, but there are some really interesting plant areas along the way.

Thanks Jay, we'll get 'er done!